1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Dynamo vs Club America - 07/25/07 9:00 PM

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Jul 23, 2007.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Club America come to town this Wednesday as part of the SuperLiga, this could be a really interesting game if both teams take the competition seriously.

SwoLy-D, you'll be wearing orange for this game, right?

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Any tv?

3. DrLudicrous

TeleFutura is showing all of the games, all of the SuperLiga games are Spanish only this year.

4. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I think the attendance will be a 50/50 crowd at Robertson Stadium, half the crowd will be cheering for Houston and the other half will be cheering for America.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have to say, I can't believe how in to soccer I am now. A few years ago, I would have laughed if you had told me I'd be this interested. The Dynamo have really changed that for me.

6. DrLudicrous

I watched soccer before and enjoyed it, but having a team here in Houston that you can actually feel a connection to brought it to a whole new level. Before the only team like that was the national team, and they don't play that often and it's rare to be able to see them live. Now I get to see my team live a few times a month, being able to go see a game in person and be a part of the atmosphere is great.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ditto. I can't believe the buzz around the team either. At the bar I frequent, people are always asking for the game to be on and cheering loudly during it. I'm just shocked that I haven't been to a game yet.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

So, Swoly, who are you rooting for? :D

9. bchapman101

bchapman101 Contributing Member

Has anyone heard if America will be playing full strength? Even if so, Dynamo is playing so fantastically that I think they can win.

10. bchapman101

You are right on. Its been the same for me. And the thing is that MLS is much better than before and games are of pretty good quality. Of course we are not Premiership or La Liga yet, but the potential is there. These games recently between Chelsea and Galaxy, Celtic and Chicago, etc have shown that the MLS teams are better than most people think. Yes I know those teams are in preseason form and all that, but still. I think our Dynamo can play with high quality teams, and so this game with America is going to be fabuloso!!! I can never find anybody to watch the games with though, so I am always yelling "GOL!" to myself.

11. DrLudicrous

I think they said they'd be taking it seriously, but teams always say that. Chivas and Pachuca both play tonight and should give an indication of how the Mexican teams are treating the games. I still like our chances even if they bring their "A" team though, we're at home and they are in their preseason. Our injured midfield is our biggest problem.

Join one of the supporters groups, there'll always be people around then. I'm a member of the Texian Army, for home games we tailgate before the game then stand and chant through the game. For away games there's a group of us that go to the Mezzanine Lounge, there's usually 20-30 of us there.

12. bchapman101

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

13. DrLudicrous

It looks like the SuperLiga games will also be streamed in English for free on mlsnet.com.

14. coogz

coogz Member

There is absolutely no doubt that the Dynamo will be competitive, and in all likelyhood win the game. They are playing great, they are at home and they are every bit as good as Club America. We beat Pachuca at home as well this year...

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: HOLY SH*T, DrLudicrous and david_rocket... you got me... :(

YO AMO AL NARANJA. :cool: Sin Cuauhtemoc, no voy con las águilas.

EDIT: DAMN IT. :mad: I teach a PhotoShop class at this time... I will miss either watching it or going to it. :mad:

#15 SwoLy-D, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  16. DrLudicrous

The schedule page and my ticket both say 9 PM, I'm not sure which one is right though.

Next time you make it to a game we should meet up, I'm at pretty much all of the home games.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Man, I've struggled to keep up with the Dynamo since a few games after the season started when we SUCKED. Now that we are the best team in the league, I am excited once again.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

pa choke a - 1

Beckhams - 2

19. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

going to be great match.

dynamo 2
    club america 1

book it!

20. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I signed up to watch it online but where's the flipping link?