1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston: Dude attacked at gas station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

If a bunch of white kids attack a black dude, everyone cry racism and hate crime. But when it's the other way around, all you can do is asking "what's their motivation"? hmmm....

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If the colors were flipped, this would be a hate crime. ****ing thugs.

DVauthrin likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are still giving more questions out of my question
    If a bunch of Norwegians etc
    If a bunch of birds attacked a rabbit etc

Who me? Where’s my other thread about motivation

here’s there thing you have zero clue my purpose of posting this

maybe I posted it just for you specially
    Because I that’s the first thing I thought about
    What some non 99er would reply

or maybe I posted cause I was bored and it was on the news

Or maybe I’m throwing bread crumbs to the pigeons so I can see them scramble for them

you don’t know

and most importantly this thread is not about me

get it?

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Also contributing members are superior to non contributing members

Shame on the cheapskates who’ve been here for so long and not paid a dime

they got money for internet and large flavored teas then they got money to contribute

5. Senator

Senator Member

What's the point... they'll be out of jail in 4 years, commit more violent crimes, have a "revelation during the next stint", get out of jail, commit another crime that isn't violent, and in their 50th interaction with a cop 1 of them will die and people will protest. when you promote a culture of no accountability, there is never social progress.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

now you responding with bunch of jibberish blah blah blah.. you know exactly what my "question' meant so dont be implying i didnt answer your "question'. I dont care about your purpose of posting, you asked what's these thugs' motivation which is a bit of dumb question.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No, they use firearms to gun down Black people such as Dylan Roof and Travis McMichael. They don't use fists.

Black on white crime in terms of violent assault isn't that prevelant. You'll always find examples online. But most violent crime committed by African Americans are kept within the poor segregated neighborhoods that the vast majority of white America has zero contact with. And that type of violence has a completely different type of solution (socioeconomic based) that the type of violence expressed by people like Dylan Roof.

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. Senator

Senator Member

There are more poor white Americans than poor black Americans. By the raw numbers.
    But those poor white Americans aren't committing 60% of violent crime.

Curious, how would you hav ehandled this situation if race wasn't involved? 5 guys coming to beat you up in a pack.

9. fchowd0311

Don't be dumb. You know not to be dumb with me. Go back and correct your mistakes such as using per capita statistics rather than raw totals and we'll have a discussion. Let's start of on the right foot without using disingenuous talking points.

Nook likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I will say this again. The "Cancer" grew from SYSTEMIC Racism. You keep beating people down, keeping in ghettos, not providing equal opportunities in JOBS AND EDUCATION, and treating them like criminals when they are not and you get generations of "angry black men". For the black community to fix that, white people need to admit the system is broken and racist. It is going to take ALL Americans to fix generations of discrimination.

T_Man likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I threw the crumbs and the birds came

you are chirping

i created this thread , I threw the bread

yes you do care

cause you are on my thread

that’s like saying you aren’t hungry but you got a box of Krispy Kreme

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Senator

Senator Member

If he had a gun and used it in this situation, maybe in a darker alley further away from the store, and it ended up with 3 dead thugs + 2 ran away ... would the internet police have charged him with a crime? I would have the state reimburse him for the ammo he had to waste on these guys and still look to lock up the other 2.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

My desire to feel superior and on a high horse and say those people are bad and did something morally wrong is non existent. It's self evident that what those people did was wrong and if a nearby individual had a conceal carry, they would be completely justified in using that firearm to deter them.

But it's redundant. We all know what they did was bad. My problem with peoole that gold your viewpoints is that you don't really care about solving root issues. You just care about having a class of people lower than you were you can go online or discuss amongst your friends how violent black people are.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. Senator

Senator Member

There millions of immigrants who came to America with nothing and don't want to leave... are law abiding citizens, many of them in the top 5% of income, many of them not... none of them had an easy life or weren't colonized. So how come they don't get to use that excuse? Actual African immigrants don't use that excuse so why is it used by people who cannot compete in a merit based society..

15. Senator

Senator Member

Kind of sad you are projecting your own hate... it's no secret I grew up in poverty and know the differences between those who made it out of poverty vs those who didn't. Simple stuff really.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Those millions of immigrants are treated BETTER than Black born in this country. Merit based society doesn't work when the system has thumb on the scale. Blacks, as a whole, have worse education facilities and dollars. If you don't have same tools, the system is not equal. There are still Whites that believe Blacks were better off as slaves or under Jim Crow.

DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

@Reeko

Anyone who goes on this thread and says don’t care what I wrote
    Is lying cause I made this thread

If he truly doesn’t care then he wouldn’t be on this thread

if a crack head is clean he would not be caught buying crack

18. fchowd0311

The vast majority of successful legal immigrants come here through merit based visas means and chain family migration where the initial person came through merit based immigration which means that the immediate family is more likely to be educated and relatively well off from the region of the world they hailed from.

This is obviously the case with my extended family and friends that all came from Bangladesh. They all were the top 1% of Bangladesh residents in terms of wealth and education. They all came here through merit based student and work visas and and chain family migration.

And the massive influx of poor migrants from other parts of the world in our history such as the Irish and Italians though facing their own hardhsips didn't face Jim Crow type segregation where they were legally barred from attending white schools and white institutions. They had that access to that socioeconomic ladder that poor blacks didn't for 400 years.

Nook likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

There will always be people that "make it out". If those people were born in middle class privelaged suburbs they probably would be doing even better. And there are millions of white middle class kids who would be in gangs or have run ins with law enforcement if they were suddenly transplanted into poor neighborhoods and lived in those living standards for multiple years.

That's the thing about rampant poverty in a community. There will always be a small percentage of people who make it out. But there are the thousands who won't and would probably live successful productive lives if when they were young children they had access to high quality early childhood education, a stable home, high quality food, high quality health care etc.

20. Senator

Senator Member

No, that's all in your head. These guys make a lot out of very little and a big part of it is a different cultural approach. And as they get older the income difference is staggering, even for blue collar minorities who started with 0. You can make this easier for yourself by taking accountability, or keep the same old ish by always talking about how tough you've got it. and i see that with whoever, of whatever race, who has overcome socioeconomic hardship . there are no exceptions other than those that won the music or athletic lottery.