1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston: Dude attacked at gas station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Says the person that uses the word of God to troll. No one takes your trolling seriously

#261 AleksandarN, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You know , we'd be a lot better off if we would just refer to dumbasses as dumbass and not differentiate by adding white or black.

A dumbass by any other name is still a dumbass ....

Making everything a race issue is really not been productive , its just creating more animosity on both sides.

And while a disproportionate number of blacks are killed by cops (they are far outnumbered by their white counterparts) this really isn't a racial issue but an economic one.

This **** aint happening to blacks in River Oaks or out in the suburbs .... Aint happening to whites in River Oaks or out in the suburbs.

Its happening to poor people in poor area's of town where they are treated as vermin by the police - Color be damned.

Just so happens more people of color inhabit those locals.

Honestly , a whole lot of people should be ashamed of themselves in this thread for rationalizing wrongdoing.

T_Man, jiggyfly, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Wtf does that have to do with anything? That guy was sick as much Jeffery Dahmer when he killed and ate white people.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

At least he did not use a car like your klansmen

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

They should be charged to the fullest extent of the law

Nook and IBTL like this.
  6. body slam

body slam Member

where the guys that attacked the guy at the gas station caught?

Corrosion and tinman like this.
  7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It’s just hits me that the victim was all about BLM and the irony is her life was tortured for days by the very skin color that she protesting for ., maybe All lives matter has better meaning when the skin color you protect kills you instead

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You obviously don’t know what you are talking about. What militia group you belong to I am curious

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad you actually care about Houston crime
    It's a topic nobody talks about here

even though some people claim to represent Houston, it's not all about basketball and Bill O'Brien I see

@justtxyank
    @CometsWin
    @Os Trigonum

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea I know what I’m talking about. This BLM protestor that was so motivated to Simply save lives was Simply killed by someone of the same skin color she purported to be so much in defense of ..when a black person is killed by a bad cop, society wants to blame all cops and defund them either partially or completely, statues are torn down , riots made and it does absolutely nothing to enrich or uplift black lives, the Biden/Obama admin had 8 years to make the changes needed and didn’t, in fact many past presidents didn’t ..where was the changes made to uplift? None were found that I could see, in fact Colin started his protest towards the latter part of that administration.

imagine the last days of this ladies life. She was beaten, tortured, raped and held against her will for days as admitted by her killer, imagine her pain and wondering whether her cause had merit for her and who would speak for her. Imagine knowing her life would end soon and whether or not she would be remembered by BLM..the very organization she was involved in ,where is her justice? Why is the outcry louder for George than for her? She died just as horribly , maybe more ...George had 8 minutes of suffering, she had days. Think about that. No one will visit her funeral , no one will care ...When a bad cop kills someone, we are quick to say it’s based on race , and maybe in George’s case it was or maybe in the Georgia situation near Wendy’s it wasn’t. I see signs that say stop killing our people, when maybe the sign should say stop killing people. If you think this only happens to blacks , think again -> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-officer-for-his-life-before-2016-shooting/

Daniel Shaver was killed for absolutely no reason. Sickening and o yea he was white. It happens. Sometimes a bad cop hurts society thru it’s actions and we as a people want to react by blaming a system, or lash out. Maybe bad things simply happen and we need to address those specific situations appropriately and correctly. That’s the real problem. Oluwatoyin “Toyin” Salau was homeless, and had been sexually assaulted prior to her death. She was only 19 and was open to members of the black community for help where she was seemingly got that by a black stranger at a bus stop and brought into a home as a gesture of kindness but instead a opportunity for a sexual favor by her attacker was turned down and for that she suffered horribly for days till death ...what I’m trying to say is bad people exist regardless of skin color and bad things happen to decent people regardless of skin color. It’s unfortunate we want to divide based on race when we should be more willing to see each of our problems regardless of race

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I did not know that. That's good. What were the comments? I don't think it will really gain traction until prominent black leaders, like BLM leaders, speak out against it (its hurting their cause, they should), but everything has to start somewhere.

Yes, this is not a Trump problem at all. Predates him by a long ways.

Understand...that doesn't change my point that it is counter productive to their cause. In fact, behavior like this is what creates the very issue they are complaining about...being seen and treated differently. We can have a chicken egg discussion, but that doesn't change that it is counterproductive to their cause. Black leaders could bring up the underlying issues when speaking out against it, that would be fair and useful. Random violence from blacks against whites is not helpful...and is going to lead to resistance against what they are trying to achieve.

This is a stereotype of whites that isn't true. I was talking with a friend also a member here, and we don't know anyone who thinks like that. I'm not saying there aren't any, but it is certainly a small group, and not typical, among Trump supporters or otherwise. Perpetuating this false stereotype is also not helpful.

And isn't just now these things have been pointed out. Even prominent blacks have stated this is a problem, for quite a while. There is a portion of issues that blacks face that blacks need to address. Hence my original point, and why its important to speak out against these incidents, and how they are counterproductive.

T_Man likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No matter what he said, he didn't deserve that.

Even if he said the forbidden word. Which is unlikely.

Beating someone up is illegal not matter what that person said. Period.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

What does the cop who killed Floyd have to do with anything? He was a sick individual, who seemed to have a personal vendetta as well. Yet we're now defunding police across the country.

Either these are specific acts of individuals, or they are representative of the group. Can't pick and choose, it's one way or the other....and if the decision is acts of individuals are representative of the group, as it clearly is from the Floyd case, then yes, acts of individual blacks are representative of the whole as well. If we should look at these as individual acts, then lets stop all the nonsense about blaming all police for the acts of individuals. Which is it?

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

@BigDog63, I appreciate a good conversation.. So thank you for that and the fact that you have the Minion as your avatar...

I do agree that we have to start somewhere and to be honest even with all that's going on I don't feel as if it's genuine.. I feel it's people going with the majority...

I agree that random violence against anyone and any race is not helpful.. But the problem now is that pandora's box is open and I don't think it will close again, but we have to find away to control it on ALL ENDS...

Also, some of the posters that are posting videos and images of blacks randomly attacking whites are not helping in this discussion... They don't understand or care how hypocritical that is... Whites have been abusing and beating the crap out of blacks for over 400 years and now you want to call foul... As I stated before, I don't believe in the attacks and I don't condone the attacks... Wrong is Wrong...

Funny thing on yesterday when my wife and I were on the golf course this guy was walking with a "MAGA" hat on... When ever I see that hat, shirt or what ever my Spidey Sense starts to tingle and i'm on alert... The guy was very nice he spoke and he also helped us look for my wife's ball after a very nice drive... I know we shouldn't judge anyone with out knowing this first...

Thanks for a good discussion..

T_Man

body slam, BigDog63 and RayRay10 like this.
  15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

:) Everybody loves Minions!

Agree. Even prominent BLM leaders have spoken out about this. Lots of bandwagoners.

Agree. It's the all ends part that I am trying to emphasize.

Fair point.

I'm glad you had that experience, and thank you for sharing.

Likewise!

T_Man likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think I have asked you this 4 times or so. I apologize if my posts keep getting deleted and you haven't seen them. Anyway... in general would you rather society treat you like:

A) You are white
    B) You are black
    C) It doesn't matter because both are treated the same

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This is the first I've seen this - I skim posts very quickly stopping on only the highest quality.

Answer: C - it does not matter. Advantages and disadvantages on both sides. But we all live in the most prosperous country in the history of the world so for that we should be thankful.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So... just to be clear, in general, you claim that society in the USA treats blacks and whites the same? Thank you for your answer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No love for Memorial?

Corrosion likes this.