1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

UH playing Bama would probably get ugly.

That being said, I would love to see UH get a shot at the upset.

2. AFS

AFS Member

Agreed. I don't think it'd get ugly though. They'd run all over us, but I think we could keep the margin respectable.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I love UH, but it would be fugly...Our Defense couldn't stop their Offense...That being said, we just have to win out the remaining games and let the chips fall where they may...it was good to see Case being talked about on ESPN today at lunch...

4. plates300

plates300 Member

We could only hope that UH would pull the upset like Utah did. That would be awesome.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

We would score a ton on those Bama fatties.

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

And they would score 2 tons.

7. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman
    Former University of Texas redshirt freshman receiver Chris Jones will visit the University of Houston this weekend.

8. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Uh oh! Probably for Gameday though.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

yahoo sports...
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/does-houston-deserve-a-bcs-bid-1100296

This is the same sentitment that's being said everywhere...I was driving home listening to Dallas homer sports radio and UH was brought up...They were commenting on strength of schedule, no quality wins, lack of fan base ,etc...there is definitely a lot of hate going around, but that being said, all the Coogs need to do is win...period...

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Jones was a stud in HS - rivals top100 player. Not sure why he got lost in the shuffle at Texas, especially given the lack of depth at WR.

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

....of fat Alabama chicks after the game. FAT.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

NSFW

[​IMG]

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Bama fans, for whatever reason, simply love photoshopping their logo onto hot chicks. There's more of those floating around than lolcats on the internet. They must really lack home grown hotness.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

NUH UH!

EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET IS REAL

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Now that OSU goes down and Alabama presumably will play for the national title, what are the bowl projections looking like for UH? Of course this is all dangerously assuming LSU and UH will stay undefeated. UH was projected to play Bama in the Sugar Bowl but now that Bama will most likely play for the title, who is UH's projected matchup in a BSC bowl?

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl?

Clemson or Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl?

18. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

With OSU losing and Weeden's very average performance, this Heisman race is really interesting now. Keenum, Richardson, Luck, James all have a shot. From an unbiased perspective, I'd have to give it to Keenum. This is not a "Who's the best NFL prospect" award, nor is it a "Who's the best player on a championship level team" award. The Heisman is a "Who's the best college football player" award and the answer to me is clearly Keenum. Of course, this is assuming Keenum doesn't flop and UH doesn't slip up in the next 3 games.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The voters don't watch UH games. They assume that Keenum gets his yards off of gimmick plays and screens, like Graham Harrell and Kliff Kingsbury did at Tech. And no matter what they do, UH will not be viewed as a "championship level team". Case should finish in the top 5 but he'll be lucky to get an invite to the actual ceremony.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I dont think that matters Harrell was in posistion to win the the Heisman in 08 and than lost to OU by 30+ points...After that they were not considered a championshp level team.. He would have won if some how they won that game despite what people call a "gimmick" offense. I might be wrong but he still finsihed in the top 5....

Kingsbury never got any consideration....

A better comparison is Colt Brenham incredible stats BCS team but no respect b/c of their schedule......I believe he got a invite to NYC but didnt get close....

It's to bad the Heisman is announced before bowl season Case would have a legit shot if they win a BCS game but prior he has no shot not b/c of a system but b/c of schedule