1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] Rockets sign Kelenna Azubuike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Aug 4, 2006.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he's not on the roster anymore. Probably waived.

2. Dei

Dei Member

A little more of this and we'll be the target of D-league players.

Hmmm... I only wished he was 2 inches taller. THEN, he'd be absolutely perfect.

3. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Maybe this guy is a high IQ kid... both his parents being doctors and all.

Offcourt IQ doesn't neccesarily translate to on court IQ though. A Warriors fan I know, for example, observed that Adonal Foyle leads the league in Off-court-to-On-court IQ ratio.

Funny that Van Gundy b****ed about having too many milk drinker on the team, and so far, the Rockets added a HS coach's kid (Novak), an former NBA star/coach's kid (JL), a guy from the rich burbs of Detroit (Battier... and yes, those burbs do exist)... Unless Snyder is a total mofo and Kill Bill has connections to the Greek Mafia (guys who control the underground gyro trade?), the Rockets just got more milk drinkers on the team.

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The Rockets did not pick up Lampe's Contract for 06-07.
    He's not much of a banger, slow, and doesn't play good defense or rebound. And JVG never played him even after Yao got hurt and we had no big men.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Whoa! Please elaborate. I'm a big fan of players who improve a lot from their rookie to 2nd years. Luther didn't have much game at all last year. He played a lot of minutes but was a huge detriment on the team when his outshot wasn't falling.

What "game" does he have now that he didn't have last year? Is his sorry defense any better? Can he handle and distribute well enough to be a backup PG? He has gotten stronger? What about his non-existent midrange game? I ask because you saying Luther has "so much game" seems almost ridiculous.

BTW, I agree with you about Snyder. I give it a 50/50 chance of working out. Anyone assuming Snyder will grab the starting SG position and run with it is way too optimistic. If he ends up giving us 15-20 hard minutes a game I will be happy.

6. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

I wish somebody would give Yuta Tabuse another chance... not that he's NBA level or anything, only for the name... just so I can make a thread titled "I'm with 'Buse".

7. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

very nice--throws down with the intensity and fire of stromile swift, with a bit less spring. :eek:

8. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

like to see you tell that to his face :D

9. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

if lucas and hayes can make it, oh and flyin' Ryan--anything is possible. Not to mention Moochie :rolleyes: back in the day.......

10. redracer1

redracer1 Member

If Azuibuke makes the roster the Rockets will 15 players under contract without addressing the need for another reliable PF. It seems that a trade is still wating to happen. Either Juwan or Head would be the bait plus the trade exception.

11. ninjuh

ninjuh Member

Oh dear God. Will you stop, please? You sound like a five-year-old. "Ew, girl name! Ew!"

I come to this BBS for insight and thoughtful Rox discussion and get playground tomfoolery.

Sheesh.

12. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

wait when did this become the No Fun Bulletin board? If we were entitled to make a 10 page thread on the comedy surrounding Luther Head's name i'm sure 1 small quip can survive.

Not to mention that you know its been a slow offseason when you care about Kelenna Azubuike's name

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

if you wanted to make fun of a name why didnt you choose to use rudy gay's last name? i think this guy has potential if given the right enviroment, im happy were not just settling for the same team we had last year, i can't imagine how our record would have turned out if we still had francis, mobley and kato.

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Personally I am concerned that the team pick the right ball boy/girls in order to maintain the right team environment! :D

Oops, having too much fun! BTW if a few of our young guys can hit some open shots, move fast and make some dunks, and then learn a little defense by April, well dang it, we could end up giving the Mavs some fits with matchups.

Gawd I gotta lay off my bong! But one can dream.

Maybe Abuzuike could turn out to be a poor man's Rudy Gay. :eek:

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

According to an article I read in Rockets .com. the roster is already set.I still would hope to see JHoward gone from our team. :p

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Thanks for the clips...He looks pretty athletic but can he do anything besides dunk?

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

He MIGHT make the team but everybody here is making this sound like management sees this as some key acquisition.

Azubuike was brought in for the practice squad and nothing more. If he plays really really well, MAYBE he'll make the team.

btw, Moochie played well for us ...before the NBA changed the rules to reduce the effect of ISO guards like Francis. But we didn't know that yet and Moochied signed that big contract the following summer and got fat/happy. That's when Moochie turned useless.

18. jcruth

jcruth Member

I have season tickets to the Fort Worth Flyers ( which really isn't saying much, after all it is D-league) and got to see him in action alot. He was really a step up on all the D-league competition. He had a good shot and was really the man reason Fort Worth did so well last year. He is fast and attacks the basket. He was an average defender though which I don't think will boad well for him to actually make the roster. Though I think he would be a good addition to the team fill in at the 2 or 3 spot for 5-8 minutes a game.

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

We have Battier, Howard and Hayes to collectively work the PF spot. That gives us more flexibility and skill at that position than we have had in years, maybe since Barkley retired.

It is the backcourt that is the big problem. Azuibuke seems like a solid low risk player to take a flyer on. We really need Snyder or him to play well and fit in.

20. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

If we're gonna judge someone because of their name, I guess our own TRACY McGrady must absolutely SUCK. How come he doesnt play for the Comets? :confused: