1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] Rockets give Van Gundy non-coaching option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 17, 2007.

1. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

good point.....I want him back and I've said that all along....

2. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

what guarantee are you giving? Were you in the meetings? You know as much as the rest of us....
    Last I read was the JVG wants to be back and morey said the feeling was mutual...the longer this plays out, the better chance there is that JVG will be back....I know thats not what you want DD but you have to think of it as a possibliltiy....

3. GATER

GATER Member

Barring roster changes??????

Are you serious or just yielding to a compulsive urge to place your hands on a computer keyboard? :confused:

That's the first thing Adelman will push for is to get rid of Gundy's slow pokes.

Congratulations on entering the fast lane to a Clutch Classic moment.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I admit it is a possibility, but I believe he has been told and all of this is just posturing.

JVG is gone....I know it in my heart of hearts.

DD

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Will, you are a scholar. The only part I disagree with is Les isn't trying to do JVG a favor. He's trying to cover himself against looking bad for firing a coach after winning 50 games. He's a chicken.

7. ubigred

ubigred Member

JVG should just be our def. coach. He doesn't wanna leave houston! Its not like he's a championship coach anyway. He should be lucky he has had a coaching job. Baggy eyed dwarf

Mavs. aj and del harris

Spurs pop and pj carlisimo

8. edc

edc Member

Le$ doesn't care about "looking bad." He's proven that. Besides, no one in the national media would say a peep about not picking up the option (NOT "firing") on a coach that cannot get out of the first round, and now has a history of blowing 2-0 leads.