1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] Les Alexander wants all Clippers made Free Agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 28, 2014.

1. MichaelG281713

I don't trust Les anymore after this Lin debacle. Chose money over winning.

If Morey said this, I'd be more interested.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I've hammered Les for years on many issues, but ......

Way to go Boss!

It speaks volumes to the man he is coming out like this (and how much he wants to win NOW) ....THIS is the kind of stuff that makes me proud of him, our organization, and our city.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Les basically said it can't legally be done in the article. I'm going to legally force you to sell your team based on hearing some of your comments that were not obtained legally in a private conversation? :confused:

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No, not necessarily. At the time everyone thought Lin was better than Dragic and had more star potential. Les wanted to kill two birds with one stone, and felt that he wouldn't lose much going with Lin rather than Dragic. Boy were we wrong.

5. Doktor Mndbndr

According to the latest ESPN article, Sterling can be forced to sell if 75% owners vote in favor.

But the owners would be extremely reluctant due to (1) property rights consideration, including setting a bad precedent for how easily they themselves may be dis-possessed.

And of course, (2) the Sterlings would be able to legally challenge a decision of this sort, over a protracted period. I wouldn't know the exact laws, but any heavy-handed action of this sort should be contestable under any number of legal provisions. My weak and incomplete understanding of business law tells me that the NBA would not be the favorite to win the case.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Did it occur to anybody that these players could also sign with rivals if we don't entice them enough/underperform in the POs?

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Paul, Jordan, and Reddick.

Howard
    Jordan
    Parsons
    Harden
    Paul

Sick

8. LG1200

LG1200 Member

if this happens, they are all going to LA.. Lakers. especially Paul, Griffin, and Deandre. Book it.

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

I'm sure that everything is not clicking well in Sterlings head, but after really listening to the tape, I can understand Silver's headache. I'm sure Silver wants to double check that the tape wasn't cooked before he makes any drastic moves. Doing something hasty right now may hurt the players more than it would hurt Sterling. The players have worked hard to become championship contenders. The punishment can wait until the playoffs are over.

10. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

yep, lakers some how get gift wrapped another ring.

CP3, kobe, griffin, deandre, lottery pick...

at least steve nash would get a ring in his final season.

11. Oracle

Oracle Member

No doubt that there would be enough takers for the Clippers "free-agents". I'd be happy with Jamal Crawford. Severely underrated and a very nice guy.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Give us the Clippers bench players since we don't have one.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Troy Daniels is now angry

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rivers will never return as president and coach under Sterling, sources told Yahoo Sports, and that'll start the beginning of a player mutiny that could result with several top Clippers also demanding out of the franchise.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That is big talk considering they have no way to force themselves out. They can demand trades all they want, if Sterling refuses they have no power to force themselves out. Let them retire and walk away from millions.

16. Raven

Raven Member

It won't come to that. Sterling will sell. Better to cash out and walk away than to see his most valuable financial asset take a beating.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This this and this.

Having seen Cuban's milktoast response, it's refreshing to see someone come out and call it what it is so vehemently. I love it. Good for Les.

Most of you know I've been pretty critical of Les on a few fronts...but he's dead right on this.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He knows how to make money with a losing franchise and doesn't give a **** about it either.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No he won't. All he will do is cut costs, make the team suck eventually and collect on his cut of league money. If he was concerned about the $$ spread, since he bought in at such a low price, then he would have cashed out already. Nothing this man has shown us in his ownership tenure points to him selling this team due to external pressure.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not without sponsors, though. He's not going into next season owning a team where the major sponsors are jumping ships.