1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] John Lopez to join Vandermeer on 610 morning show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rikesh316, Sep 29, 2009.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2009/09/lopez_to_join_vandermeer_on_ki.html

KBME (790 AM) talk show host John P. Lopez said today he is moving to KILT (610 AM) to work morning drive with Marc Vandermeer.

Lopez, a reporter and columnist for the Chronicle from January 1990 through August 2007, had been working middays and, in recent weeks, mornings with Ted DeLuca on KBME. He was hired by Gavin Spittle, KILT's recently hired program director, to fill the morning drive position alongside Vandermeer that was vacated when Andre Ware left the station earlier this year.

"This is nothing against the guys at 790," Lopez said. "They've got some really good ideas at 610, and it's a chance to work mornings with Marc Vandermeer."

Lopez and DeLuca began their midday show on KBME in November 2006. They added morning drive duties in May after the station dropped morning hosts Brad Davies and Craig Roberts.

Michael Berry, director of AM programming for Clear Channel Radio Houston, had no immediate comment on Lopez's decision.

This are the type of moves why nobody listens to Sportsradio 610s morning show. John Lopez is the biggest piece of crap in Houston. I will never ever listen to their station. Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson are the only two wroth listening to and who KNOW Houston sports. Screw you 610 you corporate pile of dung.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Radio] Lopez joining 610

For those who listen to the 610 morning show, John Lopez is joining Marc.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2009/09/lopez_to_join_vandermeer_on_ki.html

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

1560 wins again, why couldn't they have just kept Wex in the morning, like the past couple of weeks.

John Lopez? seriously. Also I don't want to start another thread but what's up with not being able to pickup the local broadcast live off the site during texan games?

4. Fatty FatBastard

It has to be some NFL copyright infringement thing. Obviously, they'd air it if they could.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Damnit 1560, GET A BIGGER ANTENNA! I can't get your signal in my house, and I just had 610 on in the mornings for sound. I do not want to have the sound of this idiot flowing in my ears when I wake up! I'm now completely done with 610 except for Rockets games if I happen to be driving.

HORRIBLE decision.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

A play-by-play man and a washed-up Chronicle hack with a lisp. Way to think outside the box, 610. I plan on happily continuing not listening to your station in the mornings.

Matt, Wex... hold your head up, dog.

7. updawg

updawg Member

that monsters show was absolutely horrible. Now he will bring that suck over to 610.

What a terrible decision.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can assure you all...as I am certain you were all waiting for my reply...I won't be tuning in.

Ding Dong the Monsters are Dead.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The central texas-texmex-nasal-lisp voice is soooooooo appealing

10. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

They should have at least made a try for Jeff Van Gundy that would have been da bomb.

Another good choice would have been a raid on 1560 they have some pretty good guys without a regular spot

610 is not going to do well if 1560 gets a stronger signal.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No more 610 mornings for me.

HELL NO John Lopez is an IDIOT and I would rather stab my ears with a fork than listen to him speak.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

dude, your obssession with Van Gundy is a little scary

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I really cannot believe there is this much of a lack of local radio talent in Houston that John Lopez can keep getting work.

14. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

David Dalati was with Ted DeLuca for the midday show today. It was much better.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i like dalati. lati dati...he likes to parti..he don't cause trouble he don't bother nobody.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Lopez?!? Really? Man.... I don't want no Monsters in my 610. :(

That's unfortunate.

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

FYI ... I had the same problem wanting to listen online as I am out of state, but I found that another station (KZNE out of College Station) airs the game live online via Flycast on my iPhone (Thing they have a PC app also). Don't think they are supposed to, but they do.

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

wtf is 610 doing..... why dont they just put mark back with rich, and slide matt to the mornings to join wexy? just like 3-4 years ago....

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Matt Jackson knows, yes, but he can't speak because Rich Lord is a fat piece of talks-over-you crap.

Wexler is awesome though. I've heard him come on while Rich and Matt are still on, and pretty much put Rich in his place. It was awesome. I was mortified that they extended Rich/Matt to 7pm... I typically drive home from 6pm to 7pm which used to be Wexler's time. :(

20. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

And yeah, I'll concur with this. The few times I listened to the "Monsters" on 790 while driving to/from lunch, I wanted to drive to their station and tell them how r****ded they are to their face. The plague has spread now, unfortunately. Looks like I'll be listening to Rod Ryan on The Buzz morning show 100% of the time now. It ain't sports, but it won't piss me off.