1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Houston Chronicle: Francis talks to begin Thursday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jul 19, 2002.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Steve's agent is spinning agent-speak, of course. I'm not sure what all issues will be discussed, but I'm sure to get Steve insured, he has to get a reasonable bill of health first.

And maybe it's just smart to have a blood-sucking scumbag a$$monger (see also: agent) help with a contract, point out the available options (new CBA starts such-and-so year, you might want this many years, it's up to you). And these latter points could be taken into account when CD and RT and Les lay out the facts: we just picked up a real center; ΒΌ of the crowd will be Asian, yes, maybe not a typical NBA crowd, but we will have more fans now; Eddie's getting studlier; you got Cat and the Moochster and T-Mo to keep you company; by the way, you don't use table salt now, right?

Probably lots of guys have said, "I don't need no stinking agent." If Mooch heard Steve say that, he probably shook that gigantic Fro and said, "I don't know, man. I'd get an agent. Look what Fegan got me."

"Yeah," says Steve, "but I'm getting the max anyway."

Mooch. "Trust me."

Steve, later, answering his cell phone: "Yeah?"

"Hi, this is Larry Ladrone, uber-agent."

"Who gave you this #? I don't need an agent."

Larry Ladrone starts ticking off points: "Did you know this? Were you aware of that?" (Think: manager-wanna-be in "Almost Famous": "Do you know how to do a headlining tour? Do you know how not to get charged for the ice under the floorboards at Chicago Stadium?")

"Hmn. Damn. What's your #? I'll call you."

2. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

hmm..almost a week later and still no news...
    how hard is it to figure out the max and have stevie sign it?
    also you would think CD already faxed stevie a copy of the contract asap..like he did with ming...

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Thursday the 25th, not this past Thursday the 18th.

4. DCballer

DCballer Member

Yo buck, did you even read it? Come on man!