1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Astros Nostalgia] Kyle Drabek

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by what, Apr 19, 2011.

1. what

what Member

I don't know if anyone cares about this, but I while I was looking through the baseball games I noticed that Kyle Drabek is starting tonight against the yankees. This is his first year in the majors and I suppose he is somewhat of an ace?

I don't know the older I get the more I remember of their fathers it kinda takes me back. Anybody else interested in seeing him pitch?

2. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

He was a pretty good pitching prospect for the blue jays. The centerpiece of the roy halliday deal.

3. Trip

Trip Member

Jays fan here and he's not an ace, although this season he has been one of the better pitchers in the rotation. When Brendan Morrow gets healthy Drabek will be a solid number 3 behind Romero and Morrow. Watched all of his starts this season and he's shown some very encouraging signs, although the consensus seems to be that he'll project out to be a number 2, but not an ace on a good team.

4. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

His not-so-successful son Justin went to my high school. I'd imagine it's awkward around the family dinner table now days.

5. lean

lean Member

Yes, I remember when we had Doug Drabek. He was pretty bad once he came here, the butt of many jokes between me and my father over the years. Maybe my memory is exaggerrating cuz I just looked up his numbers and they don't look too bad, I just remember him being really awful every time I went to a game he pitched (which was quite a few.)

6. what

what Member

How could you forget Doug Drabek and Greg Swindell? These were Uncle Drayton's first free agents when he took over the team, if I'm remembering correctly.

7. lean

lean Member

LOL, Greg Swindell! I certainly remember his atrocious period of time as an Astro. I'm about to go baseball reference the entire roster from that time, should be a good laugh, I'm sure I've forgotten all the names by now considering how young I was at the time.

8. lean

lean Member

LOL Pete Harnisch, Mark Portugal.... Andujar (or as I called him as a kid, Underwear) Cendeno! Ahh the memories, glancing at our 93 roster I had forgotten how beastly our lineup was with Caminiti, Gonzalez and Finley alongside Biggio/Bagwell. And Scott suck ass Servais was there too! LOL

9. lean

lean Member

Sorry to make three posts back to back but I forgot to mention DK! One of my favs! RIP