1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston’s Figure Four: ESPN article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LabMouse, Apr 27, 2009.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Houston's Figure Four
    April 27, 2009 3:44 AM
    Posted by Kevin Arnovitz
    After getting burned by Yao Ming for seven field goals in the first quarter of Game One, Portland has shifted its defensive course, devoting a lot more attention to Yao ever since. For most of the past three games, Portland has deployed what Doug Collins referred to Sunday night as a "sandwich” – one defender fronting Yao (usually Portland's center, Joel Przybilla or Greg Oden), and one playing behind him on the block (usually the power forward, LaMarcus Aldridge). Even when that sandwich has been open-faced, Aldridge hasn't veered too far away from Yao down low.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-39-133/Houston-s-Figure-Four.html

Please lock it if it was already posted.

2. Landlord Landry

It's not working.

3. yao123

yao123 Member

all these dam complaining from the blazers...and they yet to show any prove that the refs a ****ty foul...they all agree it was a foul but it wasnt suppose to be called.....people are stupid these day god dammit :mad: if it a foul then is a foul........what? so the refs and your team been having some relationship and something happened and now he calls against you...r****ded **** :p

4. brooksstephens

I'm loving all the comments by Blazers fans crying about the refs.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It is working for me. I checked it before I submitted, try it again?

6. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I think he meant their defense?

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Worked for me. Good read. The question we all feared to answer before this series was, "If the Blazers commit to completely denying Yao, can the Rockets still win?" Right now our team discipline is making it possible.

8. MattM

MattM Member

LoL! I guess the blazer fans didn't notice the foul called on scola when aldrige smashed his face and got the bucket. That was a 3 point swing.

And what about that phantom foul on AB late in the game? He didn't touch steve blake and they ended up building off that on the next in bounds play.

I guess they are just upset that Roy got the charge called on him late in the game - Good D by Chuck Finesse Hayes

9. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

LMAO!!!!

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it's a good read, but isn't the below wrong:

I think Artest was making a drive and flipped a back pass to Landry, not Battier. I know these journalists have a lot of watching to do, but I think they should be able to get these kinds of things right.

11. Steve_Francis_rules

Yes, it was definitely Artest. I picked up on that too.

12. Super Von

Super Von Member

"way to go Houston. The Refs have succesfully given you this series. Yao gets breathed on and its a foul, maybe even a Technical (as evidenced by Przybilla defending himself and getting T'd up)"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH. Oh please.

13. choujie

choujie Member

I feel Scola is shooting worse from mid range open jumpers compare to regular season.

Landry is another story, he's hitting those shots from further and hitting nothing but bottom of the net in playoffs.

I was frustrated when Landry passed up his open jumper to Artest who clanked in the end of the game.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

They need to read the rules again. Just because Yao jumps and Roy hits him does not make it a foul on Yao. Yao is entitled to his space and to defend his space. Yao HAS brought that arm down, or hasnt been square and hit Roy and it has been called. Just about every time I see it.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the Refs start calling Defensive 3 seconds

these games are blow outs

Rocket River

16. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

"hey blakekoen- if that's the case, than Scola would be fouled out. And there is also a rule that you can't hit a guy with your arms across the face, yet Yao did it 4 seperate times in game 4 and no call. If you seriously think the NBA is fixing this series to set your #### Yao up to play Kobe (conveniently) then you're stupid. The NBA is #### fixing this and it's obvious. But you Houston DlPSHlTS keeps up your talk. You won't get these calls against Lakers. You're gonna get swept. So go suck a #### and shut your #### mouths, you're ignorant blind fans. If you looked at this from an un-biased standpoint you would notice that Portland has been flagged for 30 more fouls this series. Which is funny because they were one of the "least" fouling teams in the regular season while Houston was one of the "most" fouling teams. Do things really change that fast in the playoffs? I thought the Blazers were "soft." So how the F.UCK are we fouling you so often? Pull your head out of your #### Houston fans, the league is rigged so your Chinky #### can play Kobe so China can have the guy with the #1 Jersey sales in China (Kobe) play Chinky himself.

F.UCK YOU NBA, YOU ARE A CHEATING LEAGUE!!! I have contacted my senator and my congressman. I implore everyone to do the same, the NBA is going to continue to rig games until it gets brought up on a national level. Until then, F.UCK the NBA, I mean NBE: it's national basketball entertainment. No better than the WWE."

whewwww... someone is pissed

17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

HAHHA this is the fniest thing i've read. Thanks for making my day. If I were a Kings fan, I could understand. But, I thought last night the game was called pretty poorly in Portland's favor in the 3rd quarter. There were a lot of phantom calls. Lowry didn't touch LMA when he went up for that shot, Steve Blake slipped, and Roy just ran into Yao yelled and threw the ball up.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Signed,

The Blazers fan version of Emma