1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House wants to stay in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 22, 2019.

1. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

what the hell do you mean by "drop", cut them, throw them under bus or just magically make them disappear?:)

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Both rivers and house love houston.

Bids9 likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Remember that they spent some of that MLE money already - Clark & Hartenstein were signed using a portion , according to Spotrac there's ~$3.9m left … I don't believe Faried was signed with it , like Rivers they are vet min's and don't require any other exception.

I don't know if I'd be willing to give House the entire $3.9m …. but maybe the vet min +500k/1m ? plus raises if he'd sign for 3 years ?.

As for buyouts , I don't know who may shake loose but …. the Rockets have already been crazy lucky with Rivers and Faried , its not often you get one player much less two that come in and play well in extended minutes. I really don't think we can count on another buyout ….

Getting House back would be great tho …. he'd be the final piece of the rotation once Capela gets back , pushing Faried to the bench as the backup 5. I really don't see many situations where both would be on the floor at the same time.

Getting Faried solidified the big spot …. now its all about a wing be it House or via trade.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

If house is not coming back, it is tax burden. Macaw 3 million costs gs 14.3 million.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pat McCaw doesn't cost the Warriors anything. He doesn't play for them.

Please go away?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah pretty sure they are still paying Darius Miles 15M why would they keep McCaw?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

O ye of little faith.

Morey will get something at trade deadline or buyout, maybe even both.

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Feedoffdoubt

Feedoffdoubt Member

We don't need this guy. He is about to find out his market value is 0 because everything he did is because of James Harden. He knows he needs to be here to do anything with his career. We don't need him going forward I'd rather give his minutes to Green or whatever trade target we get

9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

House should call Morey directly and beg him give a place for him. Otherwise, house will lose job and goes to cba

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

Always take the money.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't say I don't expect him to make a move , just that I don't expect much from the buyout market.

They may have struck gold twice this year …. but its not the norm for buyouts.

I do pretty much expect him to make a trade …. more specifically to shore up the 3/4 spots - I just don't know who.
    Don't think it'll be a guy making $15m plus …. I look for a bargain type , maybe someone on a rookie scale deal with a year left - Or a past MLE/BAE signing (Tucker type money at most)?

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Gave up 4+ million to watch his home team keep winning without him.

Never refuse found money especially when it's 4+ million and your job has been anything but stable.

hakeem94, dlite316, SORF and 15 others like this.
  13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Might be a little pre-mature, but Warriors have been scary good since Cousin's return. Hopefully, this run isn't more than a hot streak. Trouble for everyone else, otherwise...

smp and solid like this.
  14. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Morey got a lot of work to do......

Is he still obsessed?

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If house love Houston, he should sign the contract like green, Faried and Austin without bargaining

vince likes this.
  16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Hard to compare. Gerald was team-less. Half way to retirement. Happy to play for his home team.
    Faried and Austin are getting paid by their former team.
    House, for someone having trouble making the team. You would think he would sign that deal right away.

vince and heypartner like this.
  17. Sino rocketfan

I still want House come back

icewill36 and DaDakota like this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is the stark reality; nobody is beating a team of 5-7 All-Stars. Just not happening. Might be an interesting and entertaining playoffs, but the end of the script has already been written. The addition of Durant mostly ended any others team's hope of winning. Now with Cousins, the door is locked. It is still fun to dream and see great basketball, but let's be honest. The championship is over. I don't understand how any team can have that many max players.

smp and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, Morey all but outright admitted on First Take that the Rockets need to make a high-impact move just to have a small chance of beating the Warriors this year.

smp likes this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Still gotta try. Anything can happen.