1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House wants to stay in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 22, 2019.

1. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

As much as I don't want it to be true, the fact the situation has gone on this long already means both sides are dug in and that House has likely played his last game in a Rockets jersey.

The real loser of this is House. He seems to be treading in DMO's footsteps and unless he course corrects will be in the CBA next year.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Garbage heap players tend to do well with the Rockets. JR Smith can hit wide open jumpers.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

And he can get along well with ego and tucker in the clutch

4. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

[​IMG]
    I'm ded

5. vince

vince Member

House is a fringe NBA player who in his mind thinks he’s a super star in hiding. He probably tells stories about his potential to be an all star. But the reality is that in the NBA, your playing time is about meeting your overall efficiency to the minutes. And coaches and GM’s know it, regardless of what a player might feel; the data doesn’t lie.

He had a golden opportunity to get himself a 3 year guaranteed deal, at the minimum but guaranteed. But House knows his play likely won’t sustain, in his heart he knows the data is right. So he played his hand and now Morey is making moves to make him irrelevant. I think House is a good enough guy who will play a few years in Europe and make some money at the least, so might be the reason he’s taking his big stand; I think that’s in hs back pocket.

But to me he was a local guy who was given a chance by his home team, and though he knows the Rockets are in dire straits in terms of the salary cap, held firm, leaving the Rockets to look elsewhere. To me I think Morey isn’t about to negotiate further, though I think House still thinks this is on going.

Morey is not going to compromise his salary cap room for D House... plain and simple!!

Smacktle, dlite316, BasketMAD and 9 others like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If they are all in with 50 seconds left, they might accidentally burn down the arena.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Keep in mind that Morey is trying to use a FRP in a trade. If he can secure House in a good contract, then he has basically bought a trade asset to partially replace losing that FRP.

imo, this isn't a salary cap issue. It's about having a price on what you're willing to spend on a future trade asset with a given valuation. If Morey makes it through the buyout season with MLE still remaining, I believe he will try to spend the remaining on securing a trade asset (which would be House). I don't think Morey intends to leave MLE money on the table ... at least, I hope he doesn't, because that would be a waste.

Especially since Harden and D'Antoni have a good way to increase the value of House via post-season exposure.

Smacktle, dlite316, BasketMAD and 5 others like this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yeah this is pretty much dead and I dont think he is coming back.

vince and Tfor3 like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brandon Knight, Danuel House & 2 1st Round Picks for Robert Covington & Anthony Tolliver.

:D

BasketMAD and ryano2009 like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only that, Danuel House as a trade asset at the moment could grease some deals no?

11. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Ask James Harden if he thinks DHouse can help make the team better.

Move this team forward. Drop Marqueese Chris, Vince Edwards , and Brandon Knight. Get one roster spot for DHouse.

And for next year, unless IHartenstein can tranform himself into KPorzingis why wait for him to develop? And would grandpa Nene still be able to play like he did in his Denver Nuggets days?

Drop both Hartenstein and Nene and explore the possibility of bringing MHarrell back.

Imagine a frontline of CCapela, KFaried and Montrezl Harrell?

heypartner likes this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You are speaking wisdom. the whole deal is about this

palmsnbananas likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

WOW I can't even.

jcf likes this.
  14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Why doesn’t house play for rio grande. I’ve been monitoring the box scores and he’s always a DNPCD

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's too Hollywood to play in the G-League now

BasketMAD and Crashlanded19 like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Corns on his feet

D-rock likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Danuel Duplex

BasketMAD likes this.
  18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Too scared to fly on the plane.
    Says he has a bus to get to the game, buuut #bewell

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think House will be back after the deadline. We have the best 4 backcourt. We have the 5 covered with Capela and Manimal. Morey needs to be motivated to turn Knight and the remaining assets into the best starting wing with House as the backup. We need 5 rotation players up there and we currently have 4 on roster if you include House. If he was in there Morey would feel less urgency about what he needs to do now. If we get something good House's leverage disappears but Morey still will want him and House doesn't win by sitting out the rest of the season. We are going to trade our 1sts for the foreseeable future most likely but each year like a Capela or House, in the best of cases, we need to find one player that can play now and develop. If we finish the year with House playing like he was and someone asked you where we got him, you would think he was a FRP or lottery player. A lot of that shine is the Harden effect but it has a value to us. He may be the Covington we lost with a lot of room to grow. Morey needs to find those guys moving forward without worrying so much about having the picks to acquire them. This is where he tends to do well in scouting.

BasketMAD, elmotsangtt and D-rock like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like his game, but he is only hurting himself with this attitude. I don't want him anymore. Unfortunately, his trade value is going down too. He still has a chance to rectify things.