1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

House money

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, May 27, 2018.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The Rockets have done enough this season that people will say that a healthy Rockets team would have beaten the warriors.

Even if we lose, there will forever be an asterisks due to the injury and game 6 reffing.

Regardless of what happens, this will not be a criticised season. People will forever talk about this series and this team will be immortalized like Dantonis Phoenix Suns. Every time we talk about warriors dynasty, they will talk about how it really shouldn't of happened like spurs Suns and kings and Lakers.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dont believe there is such thing as playing with house money in a wcf game 7.

We want to win and advance to the nba finals. Losing would suck.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What's the point of arguing later about what would have happened when you can make something great happen tomorrow. That way you can argue from a point of strength should the need arise.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Rockets go in game 7 with this attitude, chances of winning without CP drop from 25% to 0%.

5. Mr. Space City

nah, go out and beat em.

that's the same logic people use to discredit the rockets championships, saying that if jordan never retired they would've beat the rockets.

Easy likes this.
  6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Let me set the stage that this might be the only window we have...Winning broods confidence, and once James believes he can get it done, it would naturally evolve him into a better player.

The Rockets had a great season, but when you have a chance to get this far...you always look to win. You dont look to compromise the situation, bc you never know how the future will turn out. You have a chance at a title this year...Game 7 has to be the best game we have played this season. Period.

Example: 2011 Playoffs - Chicago's Rose(Regular season 62-20) vs Lebron's Heat (58-24). They never returned back to the ECF during Rose's tenure.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...it may be our only chance.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I DONT BELIEVE WE WILL LOSE

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I want the trophy!

Plowman likes this.
  9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Keep the turnovers in the single digits and we will have a chance, regardless if CP3 plays. Hopefully the officiating will be more even than the one-sided garbage we saw last night.

Patience and Plowman like this.
  10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Everyone always says there is going to be an asterisk. People don't remember that ****. They only remember who won.

The Rockets would have beaten the Lakers before Yao went down, but no one will remember that besides us.

We were the BEST team this season, and anything less than a chip is going to be a disappointment.

Little Bit and Plowman like this.
  11. macan

macan Member

no matter what happens on Monday. I'm pretty sure we will be even better next season because Morey could pick out our weakness during this playoff run and improve with new pieces.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Whatever happens, I'm not looking forward to re-signing an injury prone CP3 to the max.

I pray he sees the logic behind him taking a paycut. Capela hasn't been all that great either vs the Warriors. Signing him to a max would also be mistake... but neither of those outcome will be as bad as not being able to rid of Anderson's 20mil salary.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hahahahahahaha. You are so far off base it's ridiculous

No. No one outside of Clutchfans or Houston will say the Rockets were the better team. No one.

Even if the Rockets win, people are just going to say it's more about how the Warriors gave the series away by being bored most of the time.

People are not going to give the Rockets credit for anything. Just wait. If the Rockets somehow win, all the talk will focus on how the Warriors lost, not how the Rockets won. It's just the way it is.

Invisible Fan and arabrocket like this.
  14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

OK... Opinion noted

15. GMNot

GMNot Member

Dewey Defeats Truman!
    Rockets Win Game 7; advance to the WC Finals!

(Forgive typos, etc. -- eye surgery on Thursday.)

I was thinking about th phrase, house money, yesterday. House money means, generally, playing with money that doesn't result in a net loss to you.

At this point I'd only bet on the Rockets to advance and win the Finals with house money.

The reason the Rockets traded for Chris Paul, is, it was deemed that a Harden-led team, alone, was not enough to get to the Finals. So for D'Antoni, or Harden, or anyone in the organization to say, "Next man up" or "We've go enough," just contradicts the move made to get Chris Paul. If he isn't playing in Game 7 and/or can't be 100%, then?

Additionally, the "deep" roster has been reduced to a 7 player rotation, as of Game 5. The only nonstarter to show up in the playoffs, reliably, is Gordon. The vaunted depth has, so far, turned to fool's gold. D'Antoni's and Harden's confident remarks in that vein, after the Game 6 loss, didn't have the ring of genuine conviction to me when I listened to them.

I noticed towards the end of the season that the Rockets were missing more layups and not finishing very strong at the basket. Even Capela needs to do better in that regard. I thought during that last long game-win streak, that they were peaking too early.

Even if the Rockets do win tonight and get to the Finals, I'd still only bet on them with house money.

I doubt if Chris Paul will be 100% at any time for the remainder of this season.

Harden has had a great year, but if we judge by playoff performance, LeBron James is the MVP of the playoffs. And he has had to do it the way Harden would have to without a Chris Paul

In the end, it's back to a one man show with posse. The posse has shrunk and hasn't reliably shown up in the playoffs. The reason the Rockets are even in a Game 7 in this series is due to Chris Paul's will and talent. It was his energy that everyone else got inspired by.

This isn't pessimism, just reality. I'll take some hope because of their defense... but not much. There has to be a real posse that gets played and shows up for the game.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

House money was already spent in Game 6.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

No, only Rockets fans will be saying that. Everyone else will say we put up a better-than-expected fight but were nowhere good enough to beat The Greatest Collection of Basketball Playing Athletes Ever Assembled in All of the Multiples Universes™.

We need to win this **** tonight and shut everyone else the f$#k up. I'm tired of this nonsense.

18. AB423

AB423 Member

That’s a losers mentality

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets will be criticized because that's the kind of joyless bullshit that passes for insight in the current state of the universe. Hell it will happen here. You know who those dbags are.

Ignore it. This was a great team that had a historic season, if you enjoyed it at any point since October, it was a success. Treasure it.

Patience, durvasa and hakeem94 like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This morning Michelle Beadle went off on “baking in excuses” for losing to the Warriors due to CP3 injury.

Yet she was probably one of the first to use “baked in excuses” when Kawhi was ruled out of last years WCF’s vs GSW.

People will see things the way they want to view things.

Some here think Harden laid an egg vs the Spurs (game 6) last year.
    Others think Nene injury hurt while Harden had far less help last yr vs this yr.....resulting in max fatigue.