1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOU, NOR, UTH - Winner plays Portland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Subliminal Shot, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Subliminal Shot

With the UTH resurgence, and Portland's ceiling being approx. 53 wins...

Rockets, UTH, and Hornets all look to finish above Portland (Portland being the 6th seed).

That means that if we don't beat BOTH NOR and UTH in record, we will have to face the Utah Actors or the Wee Magician in the first round. I will be glued to the tv when these three play pivital games.

I know the general idea should be "bring on anyone"... but it would be nice to elbow the big monkey on our back in the first round. You have to like Houston's chances against Porland and it sets up for a surprising run in the playoffs or a clearer agenda next year of greater things.

We don't match up well with the Actors (sharp shooting big men that flop inside) and New Orleans hated us because of beef with Rafer but it would be surreal for Brooks to face the premier point in the league and come out on top.

Who would you rather play of the thee teams and why?

1. Portland
    2. New Orleans
    3. (I hate typing their name but you know who goes here)

SS

2. RocketMania1991

Portland

Greg Oden might not even be avaliable which means they are lacking a strong post presence.

They have hardly any post season veterans.

Wouldnt mind playing NO either but we do not match good with the Jazz

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Give us the Hornets, we will own.

4. ThaShark316_28

I'm saying it AGAIN...

Rockets will play the Blazers in round 1.

5. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Save the Jazz for the 2nd round, I hate dramas.

Bring on either NO or Portland.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Why doesn't anyone think we can win our division. Yes we have a tough schedule but we almost can control our own destiny, if we can beat SA twice. If we do this I predict we will win our division. It is not an easy task but we are better now than when we met SA earlier and both previous games we played them well. We match up good against SA. So I it is certainly not out of the realgm of possibility.

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

I can see us beating SA as well. As for the first round match ups. Fear no one. I want to play ass clowns known as the j*zz. I'd be ok with it being in the second round. I want to end the fallacy that they own us.

Aside from that, I'm pretty confident we can take Portland. Even earlier this year we got a loss against them, we were horrible most of the game and turned it on. We beat them pretty easily at home as well.

New Orleans could be tough, but I like our chances. I would probably like to see Lowry get more time against them though so CP doesn't go off for 50.

8. jedicro

jedicro Member

Honestly I hope he's there. Yao plays better when he's against real post players instead of 4's playing the 5. Plus I don't think Oden will flop as my as Flopzilla.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

First off we have the toughest remaining schedule by far out of the western playoff teams, so it's very unlikely we'll get the #3 seed. Secondly everyone needs to pray that Utah gets the #3 seed and we get the #4 seed and play the Hornets at #5. I'm confident we can beat the Hornets in the first round especially if we're home, but the most important thing is that the Jazz and Rockets continue winning so we don't play them for the 3rd time in a row.

10. nerdyyatrice

nerdyyatrice Member

second that, it must be fun to see a veteran No.1 pick school a newbie No.1 pick. Besides, Yao is not good against those pesky 4 or even 3s that harass him every second. He likes big SLOW centers.

11. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Bunch of wimps, bring on those mormo...err Jazz. Those actors will NOT come out on top this year. I am willing to bet my bank account they will not beat the Rox. I'm not saying it will be easy but it is manageable.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clever.

I'll take NewO/Denver/SanAntonio/Dallas/Phoenix/Utah/Portland in the 1st round. We're going to win.

13. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a full grown man- bring on the BIG LOVE!

14. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member