1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hotels, Motels in Medical center area???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TBar, May 15, 2004.

1. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I am looking for a motel hotel- 2 to 3 nite stay -not extended -in Med center area. Last time we stayed at a Residence Inn extended stay on Fannin. It was run down and expensive (like 220 per nite) even with the medical rate.

Anyone familiar with the area with suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i think i stayed at the mariott there once, like $384 for 2 ppl for 4 days...

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You need to shop a bit.

Call the med center hilton, the med center marriot, the med center holiday inn. There's a marriot residence inn on ost. There's others, I'll try and check. Most in the area will have a shuttle service to MD Anderson or other hospitals.

If you have a car you can stay in the astrodome area. There's cheap stuff there, like the white house or best western. White House is ok for a place to sleep.

A cheap alternative - there's a roadway inn on holcomb at morningside, with an IHOP next door - near holcomb and greenbriar. Not too far away.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Try priceline.com. My family is in Houston for the weekend and they got the brand new Hilton Americas (which is an incredible hotel) for $50/night. You could also consider staying downtown and taking the rail or one of the metro bus lines down to the med center.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I stayed in that Residence Inn on my high school prom night. Wasn't run down then, but that was 1987.

If you're paying 220 a night, I'd stay at the Warwick. It's less and it's beautiful.

6. dc sports

dc sports Member

The Holiday Inn is outstanding -- and a great bargain.

Some of the major hospitals maintain a courtousy list of the medical center hotels, their medical rates, and a summary of the ammenities. If you call the information desk, you can get a copy of the list sent or faxed.

The Methodist Hospital, last time I checked, maintained one of these lists.

7. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Thank you all for your help. I selected Crown Plaza -$ 89.00 per nite -not including parking and taxes.

Thank you again...