1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Norwegian Mom Show How Hard It Is To Put Her Two Twins To Bed At Night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by i3artow i3aller, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

Are there no female babysitters that she knows?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/desperate-mom-okays-male-babysitter,32455/

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Ofcourse your child can't sleep so you hit it, i take it you do not have any kids? It must work like a charm, also good way to make your child scared of you at night. I have had this discussion on this forum a couple of times, and I do not condone hitting a child, I think it is a bad way to teach your child, but this really is one of the stupidest reasons to hit your child I have ever heard.

That was the first thing I thought of. I have no idea why she doesn't use them (maybe the kids can get out of them fairly easily, but still). If my 18 month old daughter can't sleep she will just sit/lie in her baby bed and cry.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

She probably spelled those kids' names with a i3.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Difference between an 18 month and 2 year old is fairly significant. I reckon your little one might just be climbing out of the crib by 2?

The issue here is the change of routine - and it always takes a day or 2 before the kids get into a new routine.She was doing the right thing, just put 'em back to bed, and in a couple of days it'll be golden.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

That is probably the case. Having twins makes everything more difficult. But being consequent and putting them back in bed every time is the best way to solve this.

7. GIGO

GIGO Member

Lol @2:46

8. Isabel

Isabel Member

Exactly - we had ours in a crib with high sides but he was climbing out by 2. We did have him "sleep trained" so he was at least used to going to bed at night and staying there. He tried taking advantage of the freedom once he could walk around, but found out we would keep putting him back to bed and got used to it quickly.

I let him have a few toys back there; if he can't sleep he can play with them as long as he stays in his room. I also give him a sippy cup of milk. Before long he will get sleepy.

The twins thing probably makes it harder - encouraging each other, waking each other up. It's easier for a kid by himself to get bored enough to fall asleep and then to stay there. One problem I've seen is when parents get their kids used to sleeping with them - then the kid won't use their own bed for years.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I have 2-year old twins and our nights are nothing like this. We put them down in cribs in the same room, turn out the light and close the door, then we are DONE. They talk to each other and laugh for about 30 minutes, then fall asleep for 10 hours.

I have no idea what this woman is doing.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

It is always a combination of the character of your children and your parenting skills.

I am happy to hear your children have no problem going to sleep (my daughter also goes to sleep fairly easy, lets hope my second will be just as good in going to sleep as she is).

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

See, I think the opposite. I think not being alone actually comforts them enough that they fall asleep easier. Once we turn out the light and leave the room, we never have to go back in. They are just happy to hang out with each other until they fall asleep. They talk, laugh, sing Michael Jackson tunes...just shoot the **** before falling asleep. :)

Same thing when they wake up in the morning. We can usually 'sleep in' until almost 9 even though they wake up at 7. They will just entertain each other for a couple of hours until we go up there and get them.

They will be 3 this month (good LORD, where did the time go?) and they are still in cribs. They've climbed to the top many times but never fallen out. We've been pretty lucky in that regard. We're in no hurry to put them in beds.

12. kevC

kevC Member

In her blog, it says they were having trouble sleeping because of the long days. Days are super long in Norway during the summer. She usually lets them sleep together but was desperate to try something different to see if it would help them sleep but obviously it didn't work.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Why would she need a babysitter if she's THERE with them? :confused:

[​IMG]

:eek: I know you're trying to be funny and... well, OK, I chuckled a bit.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe get something to black out the windows while sleeping. Not that hard

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

A lot of responses by people who obviously don't have kids in this thread.

:p