1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[horrible yahoo article]Most Despised Houston Rocket Ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 14, 2013.

?

This is an example of

1. of people who don't live in Houston or out of touch with the fan base

68 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. why I only read certified Clutchfan articles by Clutch or Moes etc

14 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. people who were too young or didn't exist in an era, shouldn't write about that era

32 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I agree horrible title and article but he isn't lying that Sampson's career was a big "what if". I am old enough to remember watching Sampson playing and if he had stayed healthy he really might've revolutionized the game.

Also in 1987 there was a lot of Sampson hate going on in Houston. It was similar to the T-Mac hate that a lot of people thought that Sampson wasn't playing hard or showing heart. I think at the time no one understood how injured he really was. It didn't help either that Sampson wasn't the friendliest of guys out there.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sampson's career story always makes me cringe a little.

It resembles the TMac situation to a point. I wonder if history will be as kind to TMac's legacy; but that's a totally different conversation.