1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horns fall to Tech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Baqui99, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

mother b*stard..... :D

There is always next year. Bobby will lead us to tournament glory soon.... :p You love him!!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No way. Chanting "T.J. Ford" would be bad enough.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Told y'all OU would take Kansas' #1.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is awesome.

5. Puedlfor

The #1, #1 seed.

Dayum.

6. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Looks like we have a weak #2 also. Looks to be a relatively weak bracket for UT. sweetness....

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Funny enough, but the game that scares me the most is the second round game.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They got it right. I love it.

9. Puedlfor

The top seed in the tourney does get the easiest opponents.

Who'd have thunk it? The Texas Longhorns,THE Top Seeded Team in the NCAA Tournament!

10. drapg

drapg Member

I just yelled so loudly that I think my neighbors may call the cops about a potential domestic disturbance!!!!

Hook 'em! :D

11. drapg

drapg Member

I was hoping to hear more from Tom Penders on analyzing his successor and his former team. ;)

He was awfully quiet about the Horns.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think this may be my 4th greatest personal sports moment ever.

13. drapg

drapg Member

To be topped on April 7th.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT! NIT!

sorry Drewdog

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hope so...we'll be there!!! :D

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Two concerns:

(1)That game scares me also, but UT should be inspired to play that game because LSU beat them in 2000, and Purdue beat them in 1999. Revenge should be on Texas' minds. Rick Barnes should mention those losses to his team.

(2) Also, I am concerned that Texas will play not to lose , instead of to win. If UT plays this way, they will lose in the 2nd or third round. I am not worried about TJ Ford or James Thomas, but I worried that the other role players will come out timid because of the pressure of being a Number 1 seed. Will Mouton and Harris be able to hit perimeter shots consistently? Especially Harris, I am not big on this guy. I think he is afraid of the big shot. How effective will Ross be?
    Ivey will play crucial minutes late in games because he is a good defender; will he hit the clutch FTs like he did a year ago? Will Boddicker not suck? Well, that last one is probably too much to ask.

I like UT in the front court. Buckman provides a lot of energy and some coordination for a big man. And Klotz can be effective playing against the opponents second units. I'd like to see Erskin get more minutes in the tourney. He is a physically player, which makes him more valuable since NCAA tournament basketball is more of a half-court game anyway.

Ut's bracket isn't that tough, but if they play not to lose instead of being aggresive 100% of the time, then they have no shot.

17. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Did I not say that UT would be the #1 in the south and that KU was in the precarious position? OU got a #1, but not over Texas.

Damn. LSU is hot. Purdue and LSU both own victories over UT, albeit that was a long time ago.

#77 gr8-1, Mar 16, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  18. Puedlfor

Billy Packer and Jim Nantz just had the "Gee, I guess conference tourneys don't mean much" conversation.

The same one they have every year.

But I guarantee you, they'll forget by next year, and we'll go through the same thing, with Billy's shrill voice wondering why teams that lost early in conference tourneys got higher seeds than teams that did well.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Hey, and your alma matter got into the tourny as well! TSU plays UNC Ashville in the first game! Oh wait, that's Texas Southern, not Texas State University at San Marcos.

You're welcome Drewdog

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Typical arrogant UT fan response... Hey one bit of news for ya - this bracket is a bit tougher than the Big XII conference tourney bracket, so it might not be as easy as you think...