1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horford says turning down Rockets "was very difficult decision"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

He missed a late game easy layup on purpose ,class act Al.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Almost as difficult as making a layup

#42 FTW Rockets FTW, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Tha_Dude and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Thank you Al, we owe you one!

4. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

we dont want you anyway!!

5. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Watching live and after watching the immediate replay, I totally thought the ball slipped out of his hand on the way up.
    After further review, it's clear he just blew a game-winning school boy layup while having the entire lane cleared for him by his teammate
    holding down and tripping two people. And he still blew it.

Do not want. Hold that L.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Brad Stevens is one hell of a coach and that play he drew up was perfect.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

His rim protection looked suspect during this game.

But it is pretty hard to stop Harden

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol I wanted Horford but not at the max are you kidding me? Horford is around the same age as Howard, if we paid him the max it would be the same situation before wherein we have two stars and a bunch of crappy players and we still have a short window of contention.As vocal as I am have been about Anderson having Horford at his contract would have been worse, especially in the scenario where we would miss out on Eric Gordon because we wanted Bazemore.

For Horford and the Celtics I thought it was a dumb move for both why would you leave Atlanta who was looking to add Dwight, it would have been the best frontcourt in the NBA. And you leave atlanta and go to a rebuilding team like the celts, really? If you thought the rox sucked why didnt you go to the Wizards instead, at least they have two legit stars in Beal and Wall who will complement ur game. Instead you go to a lottery team and waste your prime wtf why?

For the celts, maybe Ainge is under pressure but they still dont have that 1 superstar, I thought they needed to tank more instead they add a veteran to their crew of young guys its totally mismatched.

9. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Somehow we have Capela who has quietly turned into one of the better P&R centers in the league, much of which likely is attributed to Harden who runs the P&R better than just about anyone I've ever seen. Horford is exceptional but we already have dagger 3 point shooters at the wings. Capela is the guy who is the threat around the rim on extremely high % shots which is balanced with our 3 point shooters and Harden's versatility to shoot from anywhere. That being said, Horford would have fit quite well here, but I'm happy with what we've got so far.

10. HTM

HTM Member

I'd rather have Ryno.... The Rockets have wanted him for years and I love how he spaces the floor.... It's fantastic to have these elite three point shooters surrounding Harden.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  11. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I'm with you. But man, when he goes cold. He. Goes. Cold. It's comforting that we still won without him contributing much of anything tonight, though.

12. BackdoorHarden

Thank god he turned down the Rockets.

30 years old center that is on a max contract and average 6 rebounds is trouble

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol seriously, didn't see that the first time...but yeah IT just pulls Trez by the arm the entire time

DonKnock likes this.
  14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I knew he plays for the rockets :D

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Celtics were not a lottery team at all. They were 5th seed almost 50 win team last year. Much better than the Rockets and Wizards. Hawks and Celts had same record last year he didn't worsen himself.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do you not see Isaiah Thomas pull Montrezl down to the floor and then trip Beverley to clear the lane for Horford?

I like Brad Stevens as well as the next fan, but that play was going nowhere except straight into Montrezl's chest, had Thomas not pulled him down. It's so obvious, it looks like Thomas read that the play had no chance.

TMac'n, ParaSolid and DonKnock like this.
  17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i'm not so sure he went cold, sure he missed a few of those long-range bombs that he hits sometimes, but the Celtics game plan was to take away the three ball. And you can expect teams to do the same thing in the playoffs and the fourth quarter/2nd half

I think he only had four attempts

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It was schemed so he would run interference or draw trez away, but instead pulled him to the floor, since Trez was a wall. That stuff doesnt get called in last seconds anyway. You can also see Marcus Smart block out Ariza down low to pave a clear path for him.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, I know that play. Boston ran it early, too. The Rockets had it busted this time, and Isaiah knew it. It was as bad as Malone bear-hugging Drexler.

20. split41

split41 Member

Ha, Ball don't lie! Check out Thomas, he pulls down Harrell and then trips Bev. He used every dirty trick he knew to get Horford that look.

Also, Smart's flop was hilarious.

TMac'n, DonKnock and robbie380 like this.