1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horford disappointed in teammates' size

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Sanity2disChaos

Asik> Milsap.........Asik=Horford + Fillers is about right.....

I think we could have signed Milsap in free agency and since we didnt I would think that he may not be on the Rockets radar anymore....Horford is wasting his time in Atl and he knows it.That situation is worse than Aldridge in Portland.I would like to see the Rox add a Stud at PF or a High 1rst round Pick for this coming draft.....

I propose...

1)Asik/Jones FOR Horford and 2nd rd pick

or

2)Asik/Jones + Filler?? FOR Olnyk/Lee/1rst rd pick from the Celtics.

(The pick is the focal point of this trade and this years draft is loaded)

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

LOL wut. You are overrating Asik tremendously. A lot of times in this league value elite low post scorers are more valuable then a defensive center.

We didn't get Milsap because we didn't have the capspace to sign him.

Why would the rebuilding Celtics trade away their recent first round pick and a future first rounder for a player whose 27?

3. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/jhD6PBkHTxM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/jhD6PBkHTxM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

4. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

5. Sanity2disChaos

No,I think Im about right when Im thinking of a 7ft defensive machine.....You must not understand how hard it is to get a legit center(free Agency or Draft)...Your logic on that is very flawd.Pf come a dime a dozen .....but legit 7ft centers that can anchor your team and defense...priceless.Any GM would tell you that.

Morey could have had Milsap if he wanted ....Cap space is nothing to the Wizard.You should know this by now.

And why would they.....SIMPLE ,because they are rebuilding and AGAIN 7ft centers are prized over PF....I didnt know 27 was old!!But ok whatever...

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Unfortunately, 20 mins per game means Smith will foul out of every game.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Atlanta needed a real center. No one was really available.

Atlanta offered Asik + Parsons + whatever for Josh Smith at last year's deadline. Morey wisely turned that down.

I get jumped on for mentioning these things, but I wouldn't be stunned if there were some wink-winks going on with Atlanta's signing of Millsap ("collusion!; you're wearing a tin-foil hat!"). I'm sure they're still interested in Asik. And if they don't get him, at least they got a really good player at a decent price. No one shows up for Hawks games anyway. But my sarcasm aside, I'm sure Ferry wants not only to win but to please his one All Star. Then maybe the seats at their arena will be only 25% empty. (Like the Toyota Center before we got Dwight.)

If this one goes down (Asik-Millsap, and whatever else on each side), look for b.s. trade proposals to get floated out there first beforehand, to throw off any "hey, do you think this was all set up in advance?" talk---whether there was any or not.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

So in this "imaginary world" where we get Horford for Asik, how are they going to score again? You do realize Horford was rated the 18th best player by ESPN right.

I'm pretty sure Morey would love Milsap, but how are we going to clear cap space exactly? Dump Jeremy Lin or Asik for pennies on the dollar?

And why exactly would a rebuilding team want a center that will help them win, when they are trying to rebuild to the draft?

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

For a second there, I thought that's where this thread was headed to (no pun intended).

Umm, yeah, Horford has made all sorts of bones about playing with an "ACTUAL" center...he's versatile big who can play center, but his natural position is power forward.

Some of you should stop blowing on that pipe by the way ... Atlanta is not about to trade it's only viable star player for Asik and a bunch of Houston garbage. An all-star caliber big... no way. A lottery draft pick, definitely. A fairly high-scoring wing, maybe.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

this x500

11. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Wow I realized Asik was overrated here but man this is just ridiculous.

You really have no clue about Basketball at all.

12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Asik isn't overrated, only a handful of double double averages last year, coupled with a top 3 or 4 defensive presence at the 5? No, not overrated, at all. Milsap makes sense, but that's a bad trade for Houston. Milsap is a scorer, he needs touches, and that limits JL and CP even more, plus taking away from DH and JH. He's ok at D, not excellent, not very good, just ok. And size matters low, even if u have long arms, taller players can see over u, it isn't all about shooting. Asik is an elite defender and rebounder, that's 2/3 core things we want. Milsap can do it all, but nothing elite, and being 3rd or 4th or 5th option means just average. Horford is probably the perfect piece, because he is elite. Win now, use all the money now, lock us into Harden, Howard and Horford, use the MLE fully next year, and sign Parsons/Bev to longer deals. I would throw all the picks and cash I could, Asik and Jones to get him. Future 1's are not needed if you have it all.

13. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Lol did I seriously just see Asik = Horford + extra? Seriously? You got it reversed. Asik + extra assets/picks = Horford.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Who is his agent?

This is the NBA where everybody good has leverage.

15. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Morey doesnt like Millsap
    He could have done a S&T with Utah

Forget Millsap

Holford is a posibility but I know know if he is the perfect partner for DH

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

You people do realize Millsap signed before Dwight committed to the Rockets right? Millsap was plan B or C for this team. If Dwight committed earlier or Millsap waited to sign, I guarantee you Morey would've gotten him

17. basketballholic

LOL

Morey loves Millsap.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

how on earth does anyone know what morey thinks of millsap.

People talk about needing spacing around Howard, and they suggest Millsap?!?!? offensively he's basically a self aware josh smith (ie he knows he's a lousy shooter at range, so doesn't chuck them up in force)

#98 Aleron, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  19. basketballholic

1. Because he is a winner.

2. Because of his BBIQ.

3. Because he is an overachiever.

4. Because he fits the metric profile.

5. Because he is on a reasonable contract.

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

And why morey didnt work a S&T with Utah?
    Utah loose him for nothing. Morey could get millsap relative cheap
    I dont see millsap in rockets future.