1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoping Lin is ready for Weds....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwlee, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rocketblood713

ummm how about we let him rest up an not mess up whats working right now

2. conquistador#11

really? the other pg has gotten off for the last 2 games. You might want to look into how Morey builds a team and makes it possible for the TEAM to function as one when key players are out. It's not that we play better without lin, it happened when harden went out too.

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

LOL. It seems some posters are even scared that Lin might be healthy again.

Seriously, the guy played 82 games and was an important part of Rockets reaching playoffs. Finally, he's hurt, haters wish him never come back? Chemistry? When was Lin a problem of any chemistry?

Coach and teammates will know better whether he's ready or not for game time. When he's ready, I am sure McHale will play him, with controlled minutes yes, depending on his readiness. But wishing on Internet he never comes back doesn't really work.

1 person likes this.
  4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Beverly is the starter and deserves it.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I don't think you guys understand why Lin is important. With him healthy, you can rest Hardin and still play a 3 guard lineup. Also, the offensive lulls are less when u have Lin or Harden on the floor at all times.

1 person likes this.
  6. AVoiceInACrowd

Another case of the eye test not matching the stats. In the 20 games this year that Lin has been in where the Rockets either lead or trail by 3 in the last 2 minutes, when the 3s count the matter the most and the pressure is greatest, Jeremy is shooting 60% from 3 and 66.7% from the field.

http://stats.nba.com/leaguePlayerCl...lutchTime=Last 2 Minutes&PointDiff=3&pageNo=2

Take your hater glasses off.

2 people like this.
  7. pnr

pnr Member

We also went 4-1 with Parsons out in the reg season and 2-2 with Harden out in the reg season. The confirmation bias is incredible.

I do think Lin, even if healthy (which I doubt), should come off the bench cause the chemistry with bev and cisco in the starting lineup is unreal right now.

8. Samo

Samo Member

Is Lin's performance more disappointing or people's cruel hearts more disappointing? Lin played all 82 games and having record of 13/6, helped team to playoff. Injured while fighting to win. Now some people are ready to write him off when he sidelines like he did nothing good to the team. Maybe it's better to just watch and enjoy the games than read people's thoughts. The cruelty really gives me chills.

1 person likes this.
  9. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Yeah we need Garcia in the starting lineup to guard Durant cause Parsons can't do it.

10. Epik

Epik Member

if Lin is healthy, Rockets will blow out OKC without Westbrook.

11. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

It's just like last year's Miami game...he puts up a **** game (even though the Knicks were in it til the end), like he did in Game 1, and people hate on him. In game 2, he was on pace for 14/8/6/4steals and we were only down by 2 at the half when Westbrook was healthy. Then he got hurt, tried to gut it out, and now people think he's a piece of ****. That's how it goes I guess...

12. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Yeah, you guys are right, Garcia deserves to be out there the way he's handling Durant, and he's shooting fairly well...

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

That's reasonable, because Jeremy won't be in game shape immediately.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LMFAO I'm sorry but this is pathetic

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I don't have the numbers to back it up so I can be completely wrong, but is it just me or does Garcia shoot significantly better in the first half than the second? That seems to be the pattern dating back to the regular season.

16. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Playoff games 1-3 are all I need. Guy can sink shots against the bottom feeders but folds under pressure. Sample size is small, but from what I saw, I dont want him to have the chance to fail more when it truly counts.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

18. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Dude could barely lift his arm in game 3 and you're using that as one of the bases of your argument? Come now...

19. pnr

pnr Member

Hm maybe he folds when he can barely lift up his arm. He has hit some pretty clutch shots for us this season.

20. MFBTY

MFBTY Member

Folding under pressure? Fails when it truly counts?

Lin played ONE full game this series; game 1. The game where the whole team stunk it up.

He played ONE HALF in game 2 putting up decent numbers before the injury.

He tried to play through the pain in game 3, and was ineffective for 20 minutes. He did not play in the clutch when the game was choked away.

GTFOH LOH.