1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoping Lin is ready for Weds....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwlee, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dragonz

dragonz Member

If Lin is healthy enough to play, he can come off bench, and provide some bench scoring, better not get blow by Fisher's old legs.

2. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

If Lin is back next game, it should be a more limited role off the bench, to hopefully spark the offense if things aren't working. But we should go with Beverley/Brooks for most of the game

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't think brooks would stand a chance trying to guard westbrook, because of the huge size disparity. and i think if lin was healthy and able to play he would be balling against jackson and fisher no doubt.

4. davek

davek Member

Couldn't believe we won this game. What an awesome game! Harden was in the zone!
    Asik totally amazing!!!! OKC shot was off today...they hurting without Westbrook.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sorry LOF's...but the team is balling right now. I hope Lin comes back, but it should be a much reduced roll if he does. The chemistry is working right now

6. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I think Lin can still contribute, we dont always shoot so good from the arc, and when Lin is on fire he is pretty damn good. That being said, at this juncture Lin should come off the bench in limited minutes. If he was 100 percent i still think him off the bench would be good.

7. New

The term bone bruise is a misnomer and makes the injury seem less serious than it is. A so-called bone bruise is actually a fracturing of the inner layer of bone.
    Bones are composed of 2 different types of bony tissue, the compact (cortical) bone and the cancellous (spongy) bone.

Quote from http://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-...marvin-brown-on-why-bone-bruise-is-a-misnomer

8. davek

davek Member

The PG was good but they weren't the deciding factor that we won. Any cheap JLin bashing deserve a perm ban. Have some class for an injured warrior who played the entire game this season.

9. SirKen

SirKen Member

At this point, I would take any of those idiot Lin fans over those of you who are happy that one of our players are injured.

You guys are disgusting and shouldn't call yourselves a Rockets fan!!

10. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

He should definitely come off the bench, partly so he doesn't re-aggregate his injury from overuse and partly because Harden should never be guarding Durant ever again.

11. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

No. We are better without Lin. At least other guys (Bev, Parsons, Garcia, Delfino) can hit 3s when they matter and dont fold under the slightest pressure.

12. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

idk if I want him back full time minutes right now. I'm liking the chemistry with Bev and Brooks. Bev is better defensively, and seems to make the right play everytime. Brooks can break down the d better and shoot better. They also played well when on the court together. Lin needs to earn his playing time if he comes back.

13. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Could Bev or Brooks be the focal point of the offense when we play a healthy Spurs or Clips team? Cause Lin was, and he destroyed the clips, and took the Spurs to OT. Bev right now is a great Role player, one day he may be a Lowry type talent. He is a better 3 point shooter than Lin, but all the defensive stats say they're comparable defenders, but Lin is a better penetrator, finisher, and facilitator. Maybe Bev fits better in this starting line up, but Lin is the better overall PG. Once Harden got to Houston, Houston turned into possibly the worst fit for him in the league. I mean, Harden is possibly the 2nd best facilitating wi wingman in the league next to Lebron. No PG will ever average more than 6 assists or 15 points playing next to Harden. You're lucky though that Lin would be willing to accept a Ginobli type role cause he loves his teammates. He would probably have better stats playing 28 minutes a night in that role than he does now.

14. langal

langal Contributing Member

Belive me. Lin is FAR happier about this win than any of us. So u haters should just shut up.

I agree with coming off the bench though.

15. Mr. Space City

we don't need lin for this series.

the dribble penetration of bev/brooks is giving ok fits.

16. RocketPowerNick

yup and yup.

Good night Rox fans. WHAT A GAME!!!

17. wapz

wapz Member

glad we won tonight. betcha the previous posts would be singing a different tune about bev or brooks.

lol. #kneejerkers

18. pnr

pnr Member

He wasn't cleared to play tonight and could not get his shirt on by himself. I doubt he even plays the next game so you guys can be happy about that.

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

LOL. We will find out if we could somehow manage to get past OKC and face Grizzlies or Clippers. That way, u get an idea whether the BB duo is good enough. Because Playing the undermanned OKC gives us an edge, especially on the PG position.

20. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

If Bev plays this way against Conley or Paul, then he doesn't just deserve to start, he deserves a fat new contract...