1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoping Lin is ready for Weds....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwlee, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I do hope Lin comes back strong, the guy needs to up his trade value. :p

2. Anxiety Trooper

3. Anxiety Trooper

4. booster rocket

i have a bad feeling lin wont be playing again tonite. not saying we need him all game, but really just down the stretch if things start getting so called.....STICKY..a al Mchale. I do see lin more of a good SIXTH man next year or traded. And i am a lin fan. I do think Rox will be contenders next year. my two cents. GO ROX!

5. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

If that's the case, I wonder why you are still here, you should be on Miami Heat fan site instead.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Are people so dumb nowadays that they don't understand the difference in rooting for your team to win and rooting for a winning team. I root for my team to win. I don't root for a team simply because it wins. My point is that people who would rather root for Lin because of his underdog story over the success of the team, they need to GTFO of Rockets.

7. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

Dumb, it's vastly better to root for a team full of good kids who win the right way. If we traded for CP3, Lebron, D12, we would win but it would not be satisfying at all

1 person likes this.
  8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I have no interest in watching gentlemen play. I am watching basketball players, not nice guys. I want to see our guys get under other people's skins. I want to see our players give out HARD FOULS every time Durant goes up ala Detroit Bad Boys style. Niceness is a virtue and that takes back seat to the Rockets winning.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

Like it or not, the NBA is a player-centric league. The NBA doesn't genuflect before the lineage and history of teams as baseball or soccer (in Europe) does. Many NBA fans probably follow players rather than teams.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Which I understand, I really do. I just hate it when they bring that crap in here. First it was Yao, then T-Mac, and now Lin and Lin isn't even that good. Yao and T-Mac I could understand, because they were both incredibly talented. Lin is not and his fans make him out to be.

11. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

He prob won't play which would be very disappointing but it's just the feeling I get. W/e u think about the guy, the rockets need him to get this to 6 or 7 games

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

We do need him, as long as he is healthy though. It would be just dumb to put a hobbled Lin on the floor.

13. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Ya agreed if its obvious he's too hurt or if the injury is in his head they should hold off

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

:eek:Finally I can agree! I wouldnt mind having lin as a 6th man I think he and the team would benefit greatly from that.

15. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Lin will be put in at some point so he can use his unmatched acceleration to run at Durant as he's going for a time out, causing him to blow out his ACL.

16. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Okay, so why a middle of the road team is "your team"? Because you relate to it more perhaps?

Same with people who root for Lin, which is currently an average NBA player, because they can relate to him perhaps?

Underdog story without the team win is not an underdog story, you are just setting up a straw man.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I became a fan because of Hakeem as long as I could remember and at the same time became a Rockets fan. It probably also helps that I was born and raised in Houston, though I never liked the Dynamo or Comets. I have been a fan since then through happy times and sad times, though more sad times recently. We went from Hakeem to Stevie to Yao to T-Mac and now Harden.

Jeremy Lin is an underdog story regardless of which team he plays for simply because of what he had to overcome to get to the NBA. I just don't care about that because his backstory does not affect the Rocket's ability to win if he doesn't play well.

18. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

I respect all of the Rockets players, all i'm saying is .. i think Lin should sit out until he is 100 percent healthy, because in Game 3, he didn't do too good and he wasn't 100 percent and he got plenty of hate for it.. it's not being selfish, it's looking out for a players health to make sure his injury doesn't get any worse.

19. yao_fan

yao_fan Member

Yes. At least Lin should be able to shoot the ball with right hand/arm before he plays, otherwise he is hurting the Rockets.

20. Waht

Waht Member

It seems like you dont really care to relate to your players, for which a team is made of. I know there's no loyalty in basketball no more because everyone can be traded or will leave if they don't get what they want. But dude he's gonna be here for another year at least so why don't you just enjoy the game as a whole team. I don't know about you but Jeremy Lin HAS contribute to this team winning,you said it yourself. He has played up to par on this contract. If its the fans that bothers you, why don't you just ignore them all? I read up on this forum everyday, there are bad trollers which can be easily spotted.

1 person likes this.