1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hope Obama Can Do Some Good..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I think there are many that are in my shoes that we're divided between political parties and have to constantly prioritize what is important. As my final backing financially and vote wise was for Romney, I have to hope the parts of Obama that I admire will overcome some of the difficulties he will have in some areas.

Where I think Obama can do some good:

1.) Inspire Americans and Those that Don't have Hope - Here is a bi-racial guy with a funny name that was able to become President for two terms in a predominantly Anglo country like America. It is an inspirational story regardless of beliefs of the American dream and why there are opportunities out there today for those willing to strive for them. I despise political families, dynasites and 'old' money and think that the best and brightest and the hardest working deserve all the success in life and that no one should be entitled to anything but what they make of themselves.

2. ) Take a stand with Israel - Hearing both sides pander to another country is just baffling? Its almost treasonous the way many politicians speak of Israel and we are indebted to only ourselves, our people and our future. I think we create a great deal of ill-will that has resulted in terrorism, hatred for America and volatility and risk premiums in energy costs that are based on our 100% support of a few million people making billions hate us. If we're paying for their party they need to settle NOW. Otherwise we cut you off.

3. ) End the wars and have us worry about American problems and not the rest of the worlds. People will hate and fight and whatever all over the globe but its not always our problem. We don't have the finances to police the world unless we're paid for it. We sure as hell don't need an Iranian war or other conflicts and get us the hell out of the Middle East. This will better serve our companies and businesses that want to sell products, services and such abroad and not worry about anti-americanism as we don't interfere.

I have serious issues with the perspectives on business regulation, the ACA, job creation and taxation and want a smaller government with less restrictions but this thread is about what one hopes our President can accomplish.

Any other people that voted against Obama that have some positive things he may be able to do?

2. jocar

jocar Member

There was a thread like this I enjoyed looking back on but can't find it anymore