1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoopsworld Houston-Washington trade rumor -- J Givony skeptical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Illmatic, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Rockets, Wizards Ready to Swap?

I know this is from hoopsworld, but i was craving for some draft news and im sure others are too

http://www.***************/Story.asp?story_id=9216

Rockets, Wizards Ready to Swap?

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 6/26/08 9:58 AM ET

Draft day is going to be crazy, and if the Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards have anything to say about it, it will be just a little bit crazier.

The rumor circulating this morning is that the Wizards are interested in an instant impact player who can help Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison and Gilbert Arenas win immediately. The Rockets have that type of player in Luther Head, who was labeled as "no longer untouchable" by the Rockets at the end of the season.

As for Houston, they had Courtney Lee in for a long session with everyone - and I mean everyone - in the front office so the team could get a good feel for who he is as a person. And Lee did not disappoint.

Assuming all goes as planned, and with so many picks in play to so many different places that's not a given, the Rockets will send their #25 and Head to the Wizards for the #18 pick. The thinking is that 18 will be high enough to get Lee, who is a lock to go to Orlando if he's still there at 22. The Wizards would then simply draft best available with the 25th.

It's a good move all around. We've been reporting for weeks that Lee is Houston's favorite in the draft.

Head gets a chance to prove himself with an organization that really needs a dead-eye three-point shooter to go with their Big Three. The Rockets get a player with tremendous upside who can score from anywhere on the court, and hope that he can be the player they envisioned Head would evolve into.

2. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

I'm really sorry again for sourcing hoopsworld but just for the draft hungry guys

Draft day is going to be crazy, and if the Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards have anything to say about it, it will be just a little bit crazier.

The rumor circulating this morning is that the Wizards are interested in an instant impact player who can help Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison and Gilbert Arenas win immediately. The Rockets have that type of player in Luther Head, who was labeled as "no longer untouchable" by the Rockets at the end of the season.

As for Houston, they had Courtney Lee in for a long session with everyone - and I mean everyone - in the front office so the team could get a good feel for who he is as a person. And Lee did not disappoint.

Assuming all goes as planned, and with so many picks in play to so many different places that's not a given, the Rockets will send their #25 and Head to the Wizards for the #18 pick. The thinking is that 18 will be high enough to get Lee, who is a lock to go to Orlando if he's still there at 22. The Wizards would then simply draft best available with the 25th.

It's a good move all around. We've been reporting for weeks that Lee is Houston's favorite in the draft.

Head gets a chance to prove himself with an organization that really needs a dead-eye three-point shooter to go with their Big Three. The Rockets get a player with tremendous upside who can score from anywhere on the court, and hope that he can be the player they envisioned Head would evolve into.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

post the story :mad:

4. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Sounds legit enough...to bad about the source.

I'd love to see Head gone by tonight.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Head is an immediate impact player? Seriously? I guess if you consider impact is when you throw a pass to the opposing team's coach...that can have an impact.

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

They're talking about this on 610 now. Its hilarious! Supposedly trying to get 18 so we can get courtney lee...interesting!

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That would be awesome.

DD

9. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Let's put bets on this. I will give anyone 9283476393920:1 odds who thinks this will happen.

Minimum $100 bet.

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

Why do we want Lee at #18?... better players will be avaliable.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Getting a little relief from Head's contract helps the bottom line and he doesn't fit here anymore.

DD

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

id give away luther head just to move up one spot in the draft. heck give him up even if we move down.

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Since when is Luther Head considered an instant impact player around the league?

And when was Luther Head ever considered untouchable? :confused:

Hoopsworld is lame.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

:confused:

Head doesn't make a lot of money. And we would have to receive a player back. I don't buy the rumor, just because of the fact that Luther Head sucks. I can't imagine any team being dumb enough to drop 7 spots to get him.

16. kaydawkuh

kaydawkuh Member

wow, immediate impact player? I thought they were talking about Battier, but Luther?? ahaha, hope it happens.

17. playlife

playlife Member

LOL.....when i was reading "instant impact" I thought they were talking about T-Mac....then i continued reading and it was Head hahahahaha

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't think you do have to take a player back if he is traded for a pick....I could be wrong, but isn't that how it works?

DD

19. rockets_fanatic

I like it. Either way we will pick up someone better than Luther Head. Whether it be CDR, Lee or if we are very lucky, Rush.

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

I know that, but Donte Greene, Marreese Speights, or Anthony Randolph might be there at #18, if we get the pick. All those 3 are not really NBA ready , but I rather take one of those players than Courtney Lee.