1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hoopshype RUMOR] Dalembert + #16 trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pass_to_Hakeem, Jun 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

No he has never done that.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stop with your monkey-ball posts, you monkey. Stop posting on Rockets BBS and find yourself a monkey BBS so you can exchange words with Skip Bayless and your fellow monkeys, monkey.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ok Monkey. I am not a monkey probably like you really are but enjoy being a monkey monkey face.

When you get enough balls to challenge your guys like Morey? Then talk to me like a man if you become one. If not? Then post to someone else about your cowardice.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Dont bring it Carl unless you dont want to hear it next time. I can make guys emotional like you if you have nothing to back yourself up. Right now Morey is giving you nothing. Its no big deal. Lets get back to talking basketball instead of calling names. I can go there too though if someone else does first.

5. Carl Herrera

It takes balls to challenge Morey on the internet? Because of he might send the secret police after his critics? Sounds like a common delusional monkeyball belief, which further proves that you are a monkeyballer.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The fact that you cant even over the internet speaks more towards your cowardice. The fact you can to me only over the internet makes you sound stupid to make that point in the first place.

7. supa

supa Contributing Member

That kind of thinking is just not very intelligent. You can rip Morey all you want but for not trading up into the top 10 when similar talent can be had at #14 is ignorant. I'm on the rebuild wagon as well, but to make a move just to get into the top 10 thinking that will get us off the mediocrity treadmill is ludicrous.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Okay, now stop fighting you two poopyheads. Tee-heee-heee!!!

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not fighting. Carl is my friend. He likes to give me gruff and I like to joke with him back. We both agree Morey needs to step up.

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If there's a deal out there to be had, then sure. I imagine Morey would make the Eddie Griffin trade if there was a player of that talent out there. If 14+16 moved you into a position to roll the dice on a guy like Andre Drummond, then by all means.

But if you can only get to 8 or 9, what's the point? The talent differential between 9 and 19 in this draft seems pretty marginal, so trading 2 for 1 doesn't seem like the right move.

New Jersey's involvement here could be critical. They would probably take the 16 pick for our pick obligation (considering it's top 14 protected anyway for several years), but we could probably squeeze something else out of them. Perhaps a pick swap?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know. We all are. I think.:confused:

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

There might be someone there. I think Jeremy Lamb, Damian Lillard, and a few others may be worth it if they are still there a few spots up. I am just trying to voice it towards those guys who are real good. The potential in those believe 15 drops off significantly. Maybe even around our own pick they might all be gone.. The ones worth taking.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

ROFL. Now that would be a dream too. Toss in Jack to match salaries to go along with it.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

This team will fail because GM's give rockets bad rap and don't like the way our organization is ran. Rockets will only get superstar by drafting

15. Carl Herrera

Would be a strange trade for New Orleans to make. Being in rebuilding mode, they don't really need Dalembert as a player-- not enough to give up significant value for him unless they really see no difference between 10th and 16th. They also have no contract to dump, having gotten rid of both Okafor and Ariza and being well under the cap.

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Replace agents with gm's

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trade ups, future picks, late rounders, second rounders, Euro-stashes, Development League stashes until the trade deadline .... the mind boggles at the range of possibilities.

And it depends on what the other guys needs from all those too.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If you think you can challenge Morey and Les you are living in some alternate reality. No one here cares about you pis**ng into the wind. Chill dude and discuss possibilities rather than impossibilities.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

WTH happened to this thread? Where is the usual suspect that can only derail a thread this bad?

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. If the Rockets can get their own pick back from New Jersey AND get something else of value (future pick swap, extra second rounder, etc.)--and assuming that a trade up is out of the question--then I think you have to consider that a successful move.

Remember, people: Getting that pick back from NJ will allow the Rockets to entice other teams with the prospect of "Houston's UNPROTECTED 2013 first round pick" in trades, which could potentially help net the Rockets a significant player at the February trade deadline.