1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Hoopshype RUMOR] Dalembert + #16 trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pass_to_Hakeem, Jun 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its Moreys way. Delaying the process for the future. Nobody said or even can conclude its been the right way so far. Its micro managing assets around a completely failed concept so far.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You did not answer the question.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You guys are saying too many rookies then completely overlooking combining both draft picks in order to move up instead of down. Instead of having a worthless future draft pick in the mid to lower first round next year to have two more rookies next year. Its a endless cycle of moving stuff around for nothing gained.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's not the Morey way. How many times has he used his first round pick to trade down in the draft? Even this year if he does it it still will be a pick from another team. If DMo comes over we will essentially have 4 rookies on the roster if we keep both the 14th and 16th pick.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

These are moneyball moves. Moving down instead up. Going sideways on deals, future picks, 2nd round picks, value picks, low upside, low downside moves. Its classic moneyball. Why do I need to explain a process that has been a abject failure for more than 4 years already? It should be on his backers to explain his moves now.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Turn them both. LISTEN CLOSE. Into a move

UPPPPPPP. Say it with me. Move up with 2 draft picks UP in the draft. For 1 good player with higher upside/potential. Finally do something towards the future with higher upside.

7. Carl Herrera

So, only moneyball teams trade down on draft nights?

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Unless we are moving into the top 6 it is pointless to use both picks to trade up. Are you 100% confident that somebody in the top 6 will trade their pick for 14 and 16?

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont have to answer that. We know Morey is moneyball GM already. It is what it is now.

10. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I was told by a fellow Rockets fan on another forum that the latest rumor from 1560 AM The Game is Dalembert + the 16th pick for the Hornets 10th overall pick.
    Can anyone that listens to 1560 AM the Game confirm they said this? I don't live in Houston so I don't get any of their local radio stations.
    Not sure how true it is, just passing a long what I've been told to see what people would think about it going down if it were true.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Use D-Mo if necessary or Scola. Martin? Those guys or one of them will be traded anyways. I know he has an excuse. I am just not hearing it anymore.

12. supa

supa Contributing Member

Both the #14 and #16 will only get you as high as the #9. Everyone agrees that after the top 5 propsects the next 6 to 8 are all pretty equal depending on team evaluations. Why trade both your picks to move up when you can probably get a similar guy at #14 instead of #9 without packaging both??? Are you proposing to move up just for the sake of moving up????

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Is Morey a GM that uses these "special moneyball tactics" tactics?

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Nobody in the top 6 would really want Martin or Scola. As far as using DMo goes I don't think DMo, 14th, 16th is worth it unless you are getting Beal, Robinson or MKG and that will likely require a top 4 pick. Throw in Lowry and then you might have a shot.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Does Morey view hies players as assets?

Has it failed over the last few years?

Has he in fact traded away 8th picks in the draft before for role players?

Have the Rockets drafted a high player since Moreys tenure?

Has he always used numbers crunching to have value on players and draft picks as his single most defining quality as GM since his whole entire tenure here?

16. cod

cod Member

He's the self-appointed voice of the majority. He posts for the people.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am proposing to move up. Yes. I dont care how. The teams assets are not that important to use the "sake of moving up" argument. We very well could throw in Lowry and one of those and something else and be better off for it. We very well could throw in Martin/Lowry/and 1 draft pick to move up high and it would be better off. Thats where this team is at. Yes. I would do it just to do it and have that chance at this point at some sort of future instead of mediocre moves sideways.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What do you have on this team so important to hold onto instead of moving up real high in this draft? You got nothing. I dont care how much it costs of our whole bunch of nothing we already have.

19. Carl Herrera

So any move that Morey makes is a "moneyball" move? You are just throwing out a jargon without meaning like a monkey.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is what he is. You cant change that with namecalling.