1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HOOPSHYPE] Rockets Worst in the League?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thadeus, Oct 27, 2012.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Houston Rockets

ADDITIONS:
    Omer Asik (Chicago), Jon Brockman (Milwaukee), Carlos Delfino (Milwaukee), Toney Douglas (New York), Gary Forbes (Toroto), JaJuan Johnson (Boston), Terrence Jones (Kentucky), Jeremy Lamb (Milwaukee), Jeremy Lin (New York), Shaun Livingston (Milwaukee), Scott Machado (Iona), Donatas Motiejunas (Prokom Gdynia) and Royce White (Iowa State).

SUBTRACTIONS:
    Earl Boykins (Minnesota), Chase Budinger (Minnesota), Marcus Camby (New York), Samuel Dalembert (Milwaukee), Goran Dragic (Phoenix), Courtney Lee (Boston), Kyle Lowry (Toronto), Luis Scola (Phoenix) and Diamon Simpson (Maccabi Ashdod).

STRENGTHS:
    The Rockets are strong at the shooting guard position with scoring machine Kevin Martin and solid NBA veteran Carlos Delfino ... Houston has up-and-coming players like Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons and Omer Asik that will be given every chance to succeed ... Asik could develop into one of the best defensive centers in the NBA.

WEAKNESSES:
    Houston replaced proven high-quality players Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola with promising but still unproven Lin and Asik ... They took many leaps of faith last summer and it's not likely to work out in the short term ... The Rockets look more like an accumulation of assets than a team ... With massive roster changes, chemistry is going to be an issue, especially early on ... Can Lin deliver as full-time starter? ... Pressure on him will be big ... Few quality players off the bench ... Too many young guys ... There's no go-to scorer aside from Martin, who's not a top-notch NBA player anyway ... Houston will struggle on the defensive end too ... Not many players able to make stops outside of Asik.

PROJECTION:
    5th in the Southwest Division / 15th in the Western Conference

http://hoopshype.com/previews/houston.htm

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh, Bleacher Report BS.

1 person likes this.
  4. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

No way the Rox are worst in the league......we are definitely better than Charlotte.

5. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Jeremy Lamb from milwaukee???

6. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

Hoop****? whatta hell ?

ow i read wrong... sorry :(

7. thadeus

:confused:

8. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i had read hoopsh_t

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Professional sports arm chairing

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The Magic and Bobcats will be worse than us, for sure. Worst in the West will be between us, the Kings, and the Hornets.

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

Good analysis

Sounds about right. The Rockets are going to struggle just to win 30 games this year.

The road record will be horrific

12. alethios

alethios Member

I concur - it doesn't appear that this writer watched any preseason games, just more regurgitating of the popular media blather.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

kind of a glass half-empty approach. in the sense that there were positives (in the preseason) that he doesn't mention.

but that said, he's not wrong at anything. I'd bet on the 14th, but the last in the conference seems plausible.

14. thadeus

I definitely don't think they'll be the worst, but I'm always optimistic about the team.

Doesn't matter ... with the Comcast deal, I probably won't be able to see them lose anyway.

1 person likes this.
  15. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Yeah I guess Chandler Parsons can't get stops . . . ask Kobe

Stupid analysis - not worth my time

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's not like Chandler is some kind of super elite Artest in his prime type stopper. he's good, but Asik is at all-defense level. so of course anyone will mention Asik first and foremost. he doesn't say Asik's the only one.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe not Artest in his prme good but defensively Parsons is already one of the very best defensive small forwards in the league.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As a season ticket holder I ain't even mad.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

That right there lets us know they have no clue about the rockets.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

in depends on what you mean by 'one of the very best', but anyway, my point is that Asik's name is going to come up first for a good reason.