1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hoopshype] Rockets to offer Sergio Llull a $17-19 million contract over three years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Mar 26, 2015.

1. rockets13champs

U can get a rock solid cast and put that wrist in there

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I disagree. I think he's shown that he can be very disruptive on the defensive end, has great lateral quickness, and great size for a PG. He's not a world beater defensively, but id say he's at least capable of being as good as a Dragic or Tony Parker type.

As far as effort goes, I love what that guy brings. I think the first time the guy had a huge shot, or made a big bucket at the rim and did one of his patented freak outs like this.....

[​IMG]

He would instantly become a fan favorite.

#122 dobro1229, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Spoiler that damn pic!

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I don't. Morey just did his yearly tour de Europe, and just met with pretty much all the prospects the Rockets have stashed in Europe like Gentile, Newley, and Llull. Makes perfect sense that days later Llull and Gentile's camp/agents release info that the Rockets are interested in bringing them over next year.

5. Kaspitas

Kaspitas New Member

Not to dissapoint all interested in Llull, he has contract with Real Madrid till 2019 and buyout is $4,5 mil. How much NBA teams are allowed to pay to buy out players? The rest needs to be covered by the player himself. So if you consider what Llull gets after taxes for those $17-19 mil minus the money he needs to pay to Real Madrid in order to terminate the contract then Rockets offer is not that attractive in this case for Llull.

6. today

today Member

Wasn't that last week though?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I think he'll be perfect for the Rockets and hope all this isn't a gargantuan c***-tease.

¡Ay! ¡Esta comida mexicana me pone fuego en el culo!

8. basketballholic

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E4ZbKTpcx9c?t=48s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Airdough

Airdough Member

If Llull gets the full MLE, then it means both Smith and KJ could be gone. The only way to retain KJ if the MLE is used woul be if he accepts playing for the QO. If some team offers KJ a starting salary above his QO, the Rockets can't retain him.

Also,the MLE like salary the article refers too is the non-tax MLE, which would also indicate the Rockets wouldn't be looking at any big splashes this offseason that would take them into tax territory.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

He just got back like a couple days ago apparently. So yeah it would make sense that a few days later info starts to leak out that the Rockets just talked to Llull, Gentile, etc.... because well... they just did in person and info probably just getting leaked out from agents, and players.

Morey even tweeted when he was at their games. its pretty much out there in the open that its kind of why, among other scouting duties, he was even over there.

Morey didn't hop on a plane to meet with Llull and his people weeks ago because he thought there was a chance later on in the month that Beverley would injure his hand and be out for the season. He was already over there and already doing his check ups with their Euro-stashes, and looking at prospects for this years draft.

11. hakeemthagreat

Cool story bro:rolleyes:

12. jdhu

jdhu Member

How does one have 4 "L" in a 5-letter last name?

13. today

today Member

Agreed, Morey's trip was already planned. The odds are most definitely in favor of this being a summer thing, but I'm still hoping for the slight possibility that Morey is trying to get Lull over here now.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

In the middle of tournament play on one of the best teams in Europe with a whole month of games left to play? That would be a pretty crappy thing for him to do to his team. The team that he said he wanted to win a title for before going to the NBA.

I would be floored if he managed to get out of finishing the season with Real Madrid even if Morey did have a way to get him over here.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Llull could be the perfect combo guard to pair next to Harden, but it's a bit of a gamble since we've never seen him play against NBA competition.

He has all the tools though. Solid defender, big enough to guard the 1 or the 2. Good 3P%. Solid passer. Takes care of the ball. Can play on or off the ball. Runs the break extremely well. Lots of experience in high stakes situations in pro ball, shouldn't be fazed under pressure.

The only question is how does that all translate going up against NBA size and speed. If Morey has faith in Llull I will trust him. I don't think Lin was the huge disaster people talk like he was, and Morey has found a lot of good PGs in the past.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lull must be some point guard. I don't know if PG in the Euro game translate that easy the NBA game.

17. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

hope he's not the Greek TMac part deux..

18. kjayp

kjayp Member

Value of Sergio Llull playing in Europe with no plans to come to NBA = zero

Sergio Llull willing to sign 3 yr NBA contract = A$$et!

DM is essentially turning a nonfactor into an asset that can be utilized in trade talks this offseason. ;)

19. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Member

If we signed Llull to a minimum deal now, wouldn't this make him an unrestricted free agent this summer?

20. i3artow i3aller

:rolleyes:

Dwight already did...

Thanks, SVG!!!

[​IMG]