1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hoopshype] Rockets to offer Sergio Llull a $17-19 million contract over three years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

He's not a troll. He's just always wrong about everything. I guess you could say he's not too bright.

2. dragician

dragician Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

I have seen him play for years and I think he is a massive upgrade offensively. He is a very good pick and roll player and can create very well. I think he can be above average defensively. He is very aggressive offensively.

I would love to have Beverly as a 6th man, but he wants to get paid... As a starter I will take Lull.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd rather use it too retain Brewer and/or Smith

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

We desperately need a pg man. It's either we a lot of good guards or a lot of good big men. Are yall sure he can't come over this season? We don't have any point guard. Jason terry is a SG he's been a SG his entire career.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He may be able to do all that, but he appears to be slow for the NBA. He will have to adjust to the quickest, strongest, and some of the most skilled point guards in the world.

If he can do a decent job as a 6th man in the NBA, I will be quite pleased with him.

Let's see if he comes here.

7. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets can re-sing Brewer without touching the MLE.

Smith is another thing. ... Personally, I would choose Llull over Smith cause:

- We have a legit three big men rotation with DH, D-Mo and TJ, plus the tactical option of putting Ariza/Papanikolau as fake PFs that is being used this season.

- Smith's strenghts are similar to Jones strenghts, being this one a more efficient player. You have Dorsey and Capela coming to complete the rotation. I would prefer more size for the resting spot.

- Rockets are in need of playmakers outside, and Llull's first step (similar to Jeremy Lin) and p&r game, could significantly help our offense.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I rather much draft a PG in the draft than over pay Sergio Llull.

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Man making Brewer decline his PO was so dumb.

10. Mr Chuck Norris

I think Corey deserves his raise.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Morey wanted to see if he could use Corey Brewer as a trading chip for an even better player. It's possible that may not have worked out.

Corey deserves a raise, I hope he won't leave us.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Is he that good?

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I doubt he will.

He just left Minnesota after experiencing that and coming to a team that lets him do whatever he wants while winning. Can't really beat that.

Then again, I could see a team like the Spurs or Clippers try and grab him.

This guy would score a ton of points in the Spurs system.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I got one more: Lull be sorry if we don't close this!

15. anchel

anchel Member

If they want him they would need to create cap room, cause Rockets are expected to offer him MLE money at least.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it is possible
    esp if it is a one year deal where He gets a better on in 2016

Rocket River

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

A fan of Lull's from Spain wrote once he's not very good on defense. Playing next to Harden , that's almost a prerequisite, so how could he fit at all? Is his defense at least on par with Dragic, for example, whose D is decent but nothing to write home about?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if Bev is ruled out for the season, and given the fact that the Rockets will need to upgrade the PG spot next year, that doesn't mean that they would cut him to add someone else.

I still think the Rockets want to take a shot at make all of their moves this Summer and still bring back Beverley if possible on a bargain contract to either start & play less minutes, or be the primary backup.

The guy is invaluable on defense sometimes even though he has slipped this year. As a locker room leader the guy is incredibly worth keeping around. I would say in a lesser role he's actually more valuable because his defense can be much greater in smaller spurts then having to be spaced over 30 minutes a game.

Plus anyone the Rockets are picking up right now probably wont have the impact that will push Prigioni or Terry to the bench. Even Llull if he was magically able to come over now (not going to happen), would have a huge transition to the NBA that might even keep him out of the rotation going into the playoffs.

All that being said, even if they rule out Bev for the season, I still think he puts off surgery till the season is over and tries to pull a LaMarcus Aldridge. He's done it before, its not his shooting hand, and you are talking about someone who is the toughest tough guy in the league pound for pound. I don't think the Rockets are even thinking about cutting Beverley in order to pick up someone as meaningless as a Will Bynum or whoever else is available. Even if they were the small chance of potentially bringing back Bev on a bargain contract this Summer makes it worth it to keep him.

1 person likes this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nope just international hype. Spurs have the coach and system to develop a guy like Llull but as of now he would be a project.

20. today

today Contributing Member

I find the timing of this news to be interesting... Coming out days after Bev's injury, I would give more weight to the possibility that Morey is trying to get Lull over here ASAP.