1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoops World Rockets Trade Rumors: Asking for the Moon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 30, 2012.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Well, Pritchard's now the Pacers director of player personnel, since last July. Do I know what that means? No. Do the Pacers have their best personnel in over half a decade? yes... not that he's had much to do with it. In either case, I'm not entirely sure why he was fired from Portland. I don't recall hearing about, and certainly can't find any articles supporting the fact that it was because he was too vocal. it could have been because he drafted the wrong guy at #1, he made a somewhat strange trade for Andre Miller, he just didn't perform great. But he clearly also didn't get along with the owner.

If Mitch Kupchak gets fired it will be because of the expectations of the LA job, and the CP3 trade issue, etc. It's hard to argue with his track record as a whole.

JVG was actually very forthcoming in the media department. You don't get "he says he was the T-Mac of Greece" quotes otherwise.

Everybody operates a little differently. I have no fault with how DM operates from a media perspective. I just wish he would put together a championship team!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

So Morey's starting price for players is high? Good move. Then when he brings the price down to normal range, the other GMs feel like they're getting a good deal. That's a good strategy for selling a used car, too. Never start the negotiations at the price you actually WANT to get -- that's just dumb.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Prices arent too high. Maybe they are too low?

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Plus they have no specifics on what is too much. So their word is not good unless they give everyone a idea instead of rumor and speculation. Heck even the rumor for the example of how high is too much would be fine. They dont even mention that.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I'd be inclined to wonder if by "asking price is too high" that Morey won't throw away Flynn, TWill, Cbud or Jordan Hill for sawdust and petroleum jelly, ingredients used in Stalingrad during the WWII siege to make pancakes.

Getting first rounders would be nice.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

the only thing i liked out of that article was what they said about minnesota... they do need a SG and houston minny trade sounds way too perfect i have to admit... i think martin is a great scorer and since he is playing good again i see his value as high as it normally is and not deflated like the begining of the season...

houston trade - martin
    minny trade - derrick williams+beasley+lottery protected 1st(even if its in another year)

Houston gets another expiring in beasley(asset),another pick(asset), and a possible stud for the future... as i do like derrick williams game and think he will be very good...i know alot of you wont much like this as alot are high on martin... but i wanna see how good lee is as a starter for more then a few games... plus its more (assets and cap space) which is what morey has been building for years now...

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Rather keep our guys. All of them and allow them to grow with our draft picks. Then trade Scola and Martin next year if teams dont offer enough for the players. Heck the commissioner of the NBA got in the Rockets business and articially c set the value of our players who are playing on a playoff winning type team lower than they should because he voided a trade. To heck with dealing any of those losing teams our players under that scenario until next year.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

There is no GM in the NBA who offers a "fair" price. Everyone wants more for what they are going to offer. Its the nature of the business.

No one on our roster is untouchable for someone special.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Kinda hard to do when your ony avenue of improvement is free agency and you cant lure a top tier free agent no matter how much money you throw at them because they want to play in NY or LA.

Les has flat out handcuffed Morey by not allowing him to completely overhaul the roster and finishing multiple years at the fringe of the lottery ....

10. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Big time huh? We don't have a Williams or Anthony to trade, unless you're implying that we're about to get fleeced in a trade to get Joe Johnson or Amare.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Srew them losers. Thats why they have losing teams. How would they know value? David Stern made our players worth less than they would be when he voided that trade for Gasol. I say stay a playoff or winning type team and see what happens. Let those losing teams stay losing franchises.

Then when our third season in a row produces a winning team and maybe even playoffs? Everyone on our roster is wanted at a premium off a playoff roster. Maybe we just keep them if that happens? Somehow build on it?

12. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

that's why i don't read articles coming from hoopsworld..too much BS

i just wish for once we could trade for a difference maker this deadline and not another role-player

1 person likes this.
  13. Garner

Garner Member

6 weeks until trade deadline- Morey is just planting the seed of idea that not just our budding All-Star PG has value, but Kevin Martin as well.

then he's going to come back and **** the seed.

14. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Anyone else having a tough time figuring out what he's doing to that seed?

15. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

I think Morey is after this man.

[​IMG]

16. JoeBarelyCares

People seem to forget that it was really up in the air if China would let him leave and come to America:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=33855

See post 49:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=34225

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=34229

See post 54:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=34597

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=35991

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=36351

17. devil_blue

devil_blue Member

wow, KG + francis would have been really interesting if there was any truth to that rumor.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm glad we are asking for so much! For once we aren't the ones begging to make a trade and eventually making a bad trade just for the sake of making a trade (battier for Thabeet)

19. pbthunder

pbthunder Member

We look to be having lots of cap space next year. We had better have a damn good reason to take on salary. This is as it should be.

20. leebigez

leebigez Member

And thats the way it works 95% of the time.