1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Hoops Hangout at West Oaks Mall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skoo9382, Oct 22, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe it just wasn't properly advertised? I went to a Patrick Beverley signing and the line was out the door and all down the hall way strip center. Probably a 100+ people, pretty big for just Pbev.

2. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

When I went last year for Hakeem, it was set up in front of Valenti which is the suit shop that Murphy gets all his loud suits from. The t-shirts and cards they gave you to get signed all had advertising for them on it. I think this is an event that Calvin Murphy is throwing not the Houston Rockets. Therefore it is not very well publicised.

Last year when I went for Hakeem, they would only let him sign the card and/or t-shirt they provided. Although I did see him make one exception for a handicapped kid in a wheelchair. What a nice guy.

3. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

It's because the Valenti store where Calvin Murphy gets his suits made is there

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Is this event cancelled today due to the weather?

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I know the Toyota center fan fest thing is cancelled...also weird that this was originally on the same day as fan fest..

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

West Oaks Mall will end up being the next Sharpstown Mall

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

What's Sharpstown Mall??

[​IMG]