1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Agreed, but they tried and then you know what happened to the plane....

The worst season was probably 3.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh man. I had forgotten all about that season.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I stopped watching after the virgin kid came back as a ghost and Carrie is sitting in her little circle saying "I get it now" all crazy. I felt the show lost it. It's like they heard the good reviews when Brodie came back last season (?) and decided to reuse that idea but it failed. Did it get any better after that? I know Quin went on an assassination spree which was pretty cool. I don't remember if that was before or after the ghost scene though.

4. dragician

dragician Member

remember, Carrie is mentally ill and that's how she is since day 1.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah I know that (been watching since season one) but it just felt like the show was really losing its way at that point. I'm gonna catch up this week though.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Actually haven't been all that letdown by this season, it's been interesting enough to keep me entertained if not perfect.

This last episode was pretty solid if unsurprising.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Pretty solid season so far. Just waiting for Showtime to f it up like they always do.

#bitteraboutdexter

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

but ISIS is coming back to Berlin with weapons.

9. dragician

dragician Member

if wants ISIS action, just watch CNN.

10. heypartner

I agree that the season has been muddled, but for me, it was just that I wasn't following Carrie's new job early, and her boyfriend thing wasn't that interesting. Also, it was "muddled" because why she was being targeted didn't make sense, but that was the point. So, now it makes sense.

Don't mind the mole angle; that's happened before. But no way she creates a desktop wallpaper that connects her the Russians. Too easy.

And I agree that Saul hooking up with someone at work would never happen. That part was lame.

I enjoy the season though.

11. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've enjoyed it very much.

On a side note, I was in London in November with my wife's family and we ended up popping fireworks with the actor who played Brodie. We arrived on Guy Fawkes day which is a holiday in London. My wife's uncle lives like a few houses away from him. He seems like a very nice guy.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But that was from the defector/Iranian's computer... not Allison's.

He has no reasons to be concerned about a picture from a beach... but its only because Carrie heard Allison's story about the beach place that she was able to link the two up.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That is still ridiculous though. Are bipolar people suppose to have super human memory or something? How do you remember such specific details from an inane conversation from ten years ago?

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Because she's crazy... yes. Because that's been the MO of her character (acting on crazy psychic-intuition based on her inner-craziness feelings) the entire run of the show.

Also, I wouldn't call that sort of recollection "super-human"... but it was a pretty convenient way for them to tie it all together.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've personally seen my Mom in a bi-polar manic episode and it is so scary what goes on in her brain during that time. She had some of the craziest stories and thoughts I couldn't even begin to imagine. According to her, she was about to bring down the entire psych ward she was staying in due to malpractice and was ready to set up spy gadgets to catch them in the act. She had a convincing argument as well. When they are in that manic state, they think about everything and don't sleep.

I could very well see Carrie being better able to put together her thoughts as portrayed in the show in that state with all that evidence in front of her. The question is does it all click or not when she is done. She may end up figuring it out or she may end up with a crazy conclusion that doesn't add up.

To me, Carrie's portrayal of a bi-polar person is pretty spot on and I believe she is an incredible actress because of that alone. It's much more believable imo than what what's-his-face portrayed in "Silver Linings Playbook" albeit that had some believable elements in it as well. Of course, no two people will react the same way in a bi-polar manic episode so it's difficult to compare two different portrayals.

16. heypartner

Yeah, realized my mistake, later. Shows you how the meddleness of the show is partly me not paying enough attention.

Really liked the last show. I always like field operations episodes. And it was a very cool and convincing plan for Allison and the Russian use as defense, unless real counter-intelligence requires you to share your sources with at least one other person or keep secured records, etc.

17. heypartner

Oh, and a plot flaw will obviously be that Dar Adal will not give Allison a lie-detector or even talk about one, although he seems to love lie-detector tests. And Carrie and Saul will forget about it, too, despite how Carrie seems to always want to do everything when she thinks she's right.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

Now that's how you execute a cliffhanger.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They better not f'n kill Quinn and he better make a full recovery and return as an uber black ops agent.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I thought the show would be lost when they left the original premise, but not only have theyade a full recovery but its better than ever imo.

One if the most underrated shows currently.