1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Binged this season this week...fantastic season, absolutely terrible finale. What were they thinking smh

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I completely thought that Dar Adal was a hostage. I'm with the group who say tnthing else made sense.

I guess they needed something drastic to warrant Saul getting directorship back.

but great season. Yeah I got bored in the last episode and the Quinn/Carrie romance doesn't work for me. But loved seeing Quinn go off with his black ops team. Overall, I think I like Carrie more than most, so shows about Carrie don't bother me as much. The Brodie daughter though. ugh

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

New seasons been pretty good.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So far so good, though I would like more information on why Saul didn't get the directorship.

It's also weird to me that he thinks Carrie is a traitor for leaving the CIA when he wasn't in the CIA at the end of last season. He was a private security consultant. The season ended with Dar asking him to come back to the CIA to be the director. Now he's back, but not the director.

Lots of backstory that we need to see!

5. gah

gah Member

They can't pretend they can leave all loose ends from last season unresolved, can they?

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm alone on an island here, but I'm having trouble getting into this current season. Sort of a let down so far after last season's rebound.

7. myco

myco Contributing Member

The "hacking" into the CIA seemed pretty damned ridiculous, but I suppose it's to be expected from Hollywood. Otherwise, it's been entertaining enough so far.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

they should really run with that "CIA bad, Hezbollah good" storyline

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I dunno...Carrie running around like she is not a target seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Then, the CIA also placed a hit on Carrie and it's only by the will of (insert your God's name here) that Carrie's near-boyfriend former co-worker picked it up and can intervene on her behalf. And, Saul was the one who set up the kill-drop program so it's on him but he probably has no clue as he didn't put her name in there. I'm thinking the Otto character wants Carrie taken out.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The way they hacked into the CIA or hacking into the CIA in general?

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was thinking along the same lines.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Otto is who wants her taken out he is pretty stupid to plan to bomb the car that he is in with her.

13. gah

gah Member

Wait, if Saul didn't put her name in there then it was his stun double, it sure looked like Saul to me although I'm not 100% sure.

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason they hacked CIA was CIA connected to them when they pinged him and he then pinged back and also backdoored them, they explained the server he hacked was to have no information on it but those files must of been left over from renovations. They kind of went pretty deep into the explaination.

Maybe they should of used Mr.Robot ?

15. myco

myco Contributing Member

The way it was hacked. I'm not exactly a computer expert, but it did appear as if they were just listing off a bunch of technobabble. Having a couple of guys who run a p*rn website turn their servers into a massively powerful "brute force" supercomputer that cracks the CIA b/c the CIA had some cabling leftover during renovations seems a bit silly.

Like I said though, it's Hollywood and still entertaining enough. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

16. dragician

dragician Member

aha, you are a hacker!

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This season has been a muddled, slightly entertaining mess. I wish they would have just stuck with the isis angle. This mole business could have then played off as a side problem instead of the main problem. Probably their worst season to date. But still entertaining.

18. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Agreed with the 1st part, but for sure not the worst season overall. Maybe things will pick up a bit more in intensity these next three final episodes.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No season of TV will ever be as bad as the Brody's daughter's teenage angst season.

20. dragician

dragician Member

The worst part was Saul having sex with an agent.