1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home wiring recommendation?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm looking to get hard wire Ethernet access in my office and one other room at home. Wondering if anyone knows someone who does this service on a residential basis?

2. MystikArkitect

How many drops?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Two maybe three

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Interested in this well. I have no interest in crawling around in the attic to do it myself. I'd also need 2-3 drops.

5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I recently had ethernet run to several rooms in my house while it was being renovated. I used a company that specializes in network and A/V installation (they ran some speaker wire as well) and a good place to check for local recommendations is Nextdoor (have found it helpful to find good contractors). The same companies that provide these services for businesses also seem to do it for residences.

One tip I found was multiple runs to an outlet is a nominal cost difference vs. a single run. Same goes if you want to run coax, hdmi, etc. to the same spot.

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Titan solutions my brother owns the business call him tell him about Clutchfans and he'll probably hook you up 281-986-7689

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree with Kilgore Trout. Check the Nextdoor app for your neighborhood. Hopefully your neighborhood has good participation.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

LOL, codell, I actually just came in here to embed the youtube of that scene from the classic Mr. Mom starring Michael Keaton

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, Mr. Mom! I'll do it for the right price :) lol, it starts to suck when it gets hot and depending how much crawling in attic to get to point for the drop. I highly recommend it though. I mean I like wireless but for anything that needs most reliable connection (streaming/htpc/gaming etc) because it's still hard to beat wired, especially if you're in an area with the 300mbit+ Internet (sure AC has some great speeds but depending on situation hard to maintain crazy speed sometimes). And yes I recommend it for multiple wireless AP's all wired too.