1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home Warranty (Specifically for AC)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They replaced a microwave with a new one at a comparable price in my experience.

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I had mine look at a dishwasher like 5 times and they'd never pay for a new one. After like 7 years of paying the $50 per month. They repaired it a few times before that too. It wasn't worth it.

Just save the money and pay for things when it comes up. 9 times out of 10, they'll put a bandaid on it and it'll mess up again. You can't keep a a 16 year old unit alive forever.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

We had First American previously. Now with One Guard and they're just trying to send a check for what's left of the deductible rather than provide a comparable replacement of the fridge. I thought the service with First American was shitty but at least they provided comparable replacements(after lengthy phone and email battles) while the service with One Guard has been fine but the decision not to provide a comparable replacement is what has me ticked off. I gotta go through the contract. I just figured all the HW companies did the same thing.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have it for a home I rent out, so it works for me. I can even set the tenant up on the account, I don't have to do anything. Perfect.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Used to have a Home Warranty. Was only worth it when I had to a new Electrical Fuse box (the guy did a shitty job IMHO). 1 month after a 10 year compressor warranty, My outside A/C kicks the bucket (no home warranty anymore). A friend with his own A/C business buys and installs a Goodman 14 seer/4 Ton unit for $2000 exactly. That was one year ago by a week. My Electric Bill was cut in HALF for this summer. Instead of $400-$425 a month bills, my bills were $200-$225. Stop repair old units and get a new one. I still have the old attic unit that will have to be replaced...at some point.