1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home Run Derby Last Night

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRaven, Jul 9, 2002.

1. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Did anybody besides me get a rush out of watching Sammy the Clown blow up against Giambi in the HR competition?
    It's his Big Moment: his team sucks, Bonds is there. He gets his chemically-enhanced adrenaline going in the first round with 12 jacks, grinning like a r****ded janitor. Then, he decides it's time for him to show the whole world, with bulging eyes, pacing in the tunnel like a w**** in church, then when his moment comes, .... goes yard ONCE. After every pop-up and foul grounder, he looked look like somebody was about to ask him for a urine sample. Sheer panic. Show's over, Big Boy.
    I loved it. Here's to Better Living Through Chemistry, Sam.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't get to see any of the competition outside of the final round, but it sounds like that was the most enjoyable part anyway, since Lance Berkman, aka. God, only managed one homer himself in the first round. That's cool, Lance, it was your first trip...just keep hitting them during the regular season.

As for The Ass Clown Sosa, I did enjoy seeing him struggle. I would have LOVED to see a big fat zero up there instead of the 1, but beggars can't be choosers. I hated it that Giambi won, because I am sick of seeing the Yankees win every little thing (sans last season's championship), but certainly it could have been worse.

Ooh! I think I just figured out why Sosa did so poorly in that final round! It must have been the absence of his need to do the little hop over the plate on the way around the bases. His secret weakness is revealed! If only he had just jumped around a little after each pitch, he wouldn't have looked so silly out there at the plate.

Oh wait, yes he would. ;)

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Focking loved it. I can't stand Sosa. I liked him 4 or 5 years ago; but now he seems like a camera hungry ass-clown. He was the only guy who was taking that contest serioiusly. Never cracked a smile. Did you see how he slammed the bat down after he hit the final home run to beat Sexson ? What was the point of that. That guy plays to the camera way too much and takes himself a bit too seriously. I can't stand the guy.