1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Home Repair] Help! Foster dog destroyed laundry room

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 00rocketgirl, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Range is from 43 to 103lbs and age from 2 to 13 years old. Luckily, I have a half acre lot for them to raise hell (under my supervision). Honestly, we wanted three but things happened and we ended up with twice that but the foster dog will hopefully be gone soon.

Feeding time (they eat raw meat) is fun.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

omg...i totally had a flashback to the time i left my two rhodesian ridgeback puppies fenced in a rental house kitchen. they went to town on that kitchen, pooped on and destroyed the puppy pee pad, ate on the wood kitchen cabinets, and it was just a mess. the price of experiencing puppies. it was a precious time, though. all i could do was smile seeing that. but, yea, i sympathize. lol

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You need a Mexican boyfriend.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kind of glad the jig is up now. Got tired of answering Rocketgirl question.

What about Kam? Anyone want to ask me a question? Anyone give a damn about Kam? Always got to be about her and that suit and those goggles and the signs and the Jack in the Box Red Rowdy Cube.
    So Kam, what about those briskets or those nachos? Anybody want to ask me about my aisle?

j/k

seriously though. I was in a suite for Radiohead, and I had a female companion and this was right after that thread/photo, so I was scared people were going to ask me questions and stuff. Good thing I sold it to solid people.

Let me say, any dude would be lucky to have her as a chick, including me.
    But I'm Ponyboy, a Greaser. She's Cherry Valance, a Soc. Two different sides of the track.

I'm Punk Rock, She is NickelBack. We're kinda different.

I AM RED NATION.
    SHE IS AN EMPLOYEE OF RED NATION.

Oh, ugh yeah I should contribute some more.

So, are those wood or are those plastic blinds?

5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Nickelback is harsh bro

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Chick (rocketsgirl) on the internet needs help: BAM 4 pages of helpful tips

Male (713) needs help: "Eat **** and die b****!!!"

I love the interwebs.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, I dont have any advice now, but wanted to say, that is great you are fostering dogs, they are amazing animals! and well good luck with the dog.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK, here's my serious responses.
    If you have decided to wait for your dad (good choice), then I wouldn't buy any supplies beforehand. Let him select the supplies and you chip in and help him fix it...say, "Since this was my fault, I want to help so I can learn how to do this with you daddy. It will be fun."

Instead of buying supplies, buy him his favorite treat for when he finishes honeydo chores.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This.

As a dad with young adults, I find that way more rewarding than just coming over and fixing something (though that too has a small reward).

10. updawg

updawg Member

This is good advice. He will enjoy spending the time with you

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

in fairness....713 is a known idiot and made his idiotness more known by trying to clean a car with steel wool. there have been a few threads with guys asking for dog help in the past and people being very helpful.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Great approach. It shows respect and responsibility. Save your receipts in case you buy the wrong stuff. Great idea to fix it with him. Stuff happens in life and families work through issues. It gives your Dad an opportunity to teach you a little about home repair which can help you down the road.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Reminds me of when I got home (to my apartment) when my dog's puppies chewed a huge hole in the wall, like 7 inches in diameter. Easy to fix though, luckily since that **** hole only used white latex paint on the walls.