1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home Games NOT in HD?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javashot, Nov 3, 2007.

1. javashot

javashot Member

i remember reading that the toyota center is HD ready and all home game should be broadcasted in HD this year. they also said that away games would also be in HD if the opponents arenas are set up for it and i noticed utahs season opener was broadcasted in HD but when we played them it wasnt. so i thought id be patient and wait til tomorrow but im checking the schedule and not only is it not listed on FSNHD but its not even broadcasted in HD through NBATV? did i miss something? sorry if this issue was addressed before.

2. Nero

Nero Member

Yes it's been addressed several times.

In a nutshell, FSN does not yet have their HD Truck. It will be showing up some time in December, or so they say. So, until then, no Rox in HD except for TNT and whatnot.

3. Franco7

Franco7 Member

That's ridiculous.
    We're the 4th largest city and in the top 10 media markets.
    We should have the games in HD.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That sucks. We just recently got FSNSW HD in College STation. I was expecting all the Rockets games in HD. Sucks they are still on reg FSN.

It looks like CRAP on my LCD tv.

5. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

I have Dishnetwork, the guide shows the game on channel 402, which is NBATV HD. If they actually show the game in HD or not can't be confirmed until the game starts! Pleazzzz let it be in HD!!!

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

it's on nbatv tonight. so it's prolly in HD

7. tracymac

tracymac Member

Well it will work as long ur not in Houston...NBATV is gonna be blacked out in Houston during the game....

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So no HD for FSN? DAMNIT! Regular FSN looks like CRAP!

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

lollicopters!

10. tracymac

tracymac Member

I know...it really sucks...Their feed is like the worst ever....

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Last season the NBA TV Rockets games were blacked out... hopefully not tonight.

12. rocket08

rocket08 Contributing Member

Is there an HD NBATV channel for Comcast? The only NBATV channel I know of is 101 and its not HD.

13. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Just go to the game! SUPER HD! :p

14. Nero

Nero Member

On DISH, the game WAS on, both on Fox Sports' Alt channel, as well as on NBATV.

The NBATV channel was on in HD - HOWEVER - there was *no* HD broadcast - meaning that the game was shown in a 'window' within the screen. Also, was simply a simulcast of the Rockets FSN broadcast.

So, yes and no. It was actually better on Fox's channel, because it was not in a 'window'. But no, it was not blacked out. Different pre-game show and commercials, etc, but the source was the same.

Not gonna be any HD basketball games coming out of Toyota unless some big network like ESPN or TNT or somebody brings their own. Not until December or so, anyway.

15. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

NBA TV HD(the channel) is available on DirecTV and Dish(not crapcast), bringing them to 75 HD channels. Comcast sticks it to us again with only 25 HD channels

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

On comcast NBATV was blacked out during the game.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah, this "all home games will be in HD garbage" did nothing but get my hopes up. Now, the first home game just played out and it was LD--Lame Definition. :mad:

*Rockets press release 11-3-07*
    All home games in LD-Lame Definition.

18. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Wasn't the Spurs game in HD on FSN?
    So why do they show some games but not all ... if they don't have this "truck" yet.....fsn sucks

19. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

It's all Rafer's fault