1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy Sh*t - Someone might be interested in trading for John Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Mar 5, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just force Wall to come off the bench.

Wall's ego and selfishness will either force Rockets to trade him or he will give up money to go elsewhere.

There are different shades of long game.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Oh yea, his youthful years he was all 'me me me me' He was mad at other peopels contracts both on his team and elsewhere, he was mad he wasn't on billboards and ads everywhere. Three was an article that hit poitn from an nba agent, john wall is an elite athlete, kyrie irving is a better ball player and that had some truths in it. Granted wall continued to improve and at his best was a force, but that best wasn't seen consistently.

He has matured. you can tell when he got to houston he was eager and excited to play and prove himself and in his credit he looked much more athletic than you would think for a guy whose been injured for 2 years and is the wrong side of 30, but even with that he played half his games.

I agree with @Corrosion , I just don't think a problem is likely. I think John wall can look no further than allen iverson, a guy with much much more clout and history and let alone star power to sell seats. When allen was traded to detroit and then memphis, he never was cool with his role. The nba legend soon was out of his league while other elite in the 96 draft continued to adjust. Wall has no where near the accomplishments of that and the player do see he is a top6 earner in the nba while collecting half of his checks while he is at home. He just doesn't have the leverage and more so he can damage any further opportunity by lowering his locker room rating.

I don't see it to be an issue, I'm certainly not going to hurt our team and franchise for wall. I don't disagree with youre points on what if, but John wall just isn't the case. Rich is smart enough to see that. If Jwall was a free agent right now, arguably his max would be mid level, not even thinking if he can play more than half a season, learn to be more efficient and not detrimental to his team, and then locker room issues. Not many teams are going to touch that despite his talent, so we're talking about trading and first round picks? No team WouLD trade a first round pick for wall, we're supposed to trade a first round pick to get rid of him ,while also paying him 40 million...nah, no thanks, bring on whatever onslaught you feel will happen. this one i will hold my stance. I don't see it to be a problem, I don't think wall is John Wall the max player,he knows it, Rich definitley knows it, rockets know it(despite Stone saying that)

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

I get that, but you can't ignore the details. we have a player whose played less than half a season...in 3 straight seasons total, not ever season half, but total! Then that same player is over 30 and making top 5 nba money. So all the situations are moot, the team has the leverage here. Is it ideal? no way, I agree with you, but I think the entire league seeing those things above know that we aren't holding wall back from options, the guy is not the player any more. HE could start for us and we can bring cade off the bench bc there are a lot of ways to develop a player, hell still get experience, hell still get to see the game and be hungry, hell get to compete with wall who still has talent, albeit not 40 million talent, each day in the locker room. I think itll just be fine. the post 30, barely on the court John wall, the Rich pauls, the everyone knows the future is in the draft pick and thats our priority not john wall. and simply put, thats our franchise direction, they ahve to deal with it. And I don't think anyone cared we sent guys like oladipo or whoever to their wanted teams this year, not after we barraged james harden and flopped the PR on that. There are levels to it, john wall doesn't have it.

We don't know what stone wanted. Bc we saw Morey accumulate assets for years like TPE and picks, and then when a new owner mandated go and unravel all of those to lose money. So if stone was mandated get expriing contracts(which we did) and just picks and as tillman does often, lie and sell it to the public that we got future no one picks, then so be it. They've already talked multiple times of repackaging these picks for a star too. and I get that.

But whose to say we can rebuild before the nets? Teams who rebuild like us sometimes take uptop 5-8 years to get back inthe playoffs. hopefully we're better than that, but I'm saying theres no guarantee we ever use those swaps and lets say harden Kd leave this experiment for a new journey, so if rockets in 2 years have cap space and nets do. who is the star going to choose? A place with a competent respected GM, an Owner who is saying heres a blank check go win, invested in brand new facilities and a new arena, and great branding in a great market or a place that saw its President,GM, assistant gms, stars, coaches all leave rather than even negotiate with tillman and then an owner who takes the mike after you lose game 5 in 2019 and says they need a killer culture and he'll instill it? So they may be able to do that better than us too. The west is going to be tough just to get back in the playoffs even while fielding a good team, its that competitive.

WEll no matter how you put it, we chose late first round picks. 21/23 swaps? Late first round, just PR moves. 22/22 picks from Mil/Nets? Late first round. Thats half of our damn lot adn with the rest being feuled by...hope and rainbows?

4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Correct but players just don't look at things that way. They always have their ego and always think they can change or control the situation. They don't look at the coach when it comes to the Big Apple. They look at money and brand. Wall has nothing else. He doesn't care about a title and he is never getting one. He thinks he can ride out 5 more years playing half a season playing his way.

D-rock likes this.