1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Holy Crap I met Michael freaking Jordan at club roxy!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry no pics)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by themocitydon, Feb 16, 2006.

1. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

clean black whip = clean black car...

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

If anyone is wondering he is staying at the Hotel Icon here in Downtown. He has been in the Bar downstairs a number of times.

3. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Stack 24 - have you seen many celebrities in you establishment?

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

So far TJ Ford, Brian Cox....the later in the week, more and more come out.

5. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Wow, you got one up on me. I was outside his Hurricane Katrina Benifit on Main Street. It was invitation only. I stood in the cold by the VIP entrance with my friend. My dispossible camera rean out of film. She took all the pictures. However, I did meet Damon Stoudemire (with 5 fine women:all in leather), Juwan Howard, Channing Frye, Andre Igualdala, Ben Gordan, Charlie Villanoava, Chris Bosh, Willis McGahee and some lady that really looked like Beyonce.

6. tigereye

tigereye Member

Not to be a hater or anything but judging from the time and date of this post.....this had to be Chamillionaire's "Welcome to Houston" All-Star Party, which I had VIP to as well as plenty of pics to upload. I met anyone and everyone there that night...Chamillionaire, Z-Ro, Lil Flip, Trae, Carmen San Diego, ESG (theres a story with him) Rob G w/ Play n Skillz from Dallas....all sponsored by Party 1049.

In short it was a who's who of H-Town's rap scene.

BUT I SAW NO B-BALL PLAYERS. It was Thursday night and most of them had yet to arrive or were in the process of arriving that night.

And IF MJ was there I would know it....as would everyone in the room. When MJ entered Club ICON a few nights later, when I was there, he literally stopped the world. Jaws dropped, conversations stopped....the only thing missing was the screech of the turntable. I never got close for an autograph...much less a hello, and neither did anyone else.

BTW, Jordan's never by himeslf or with one bodyguard. He has quite an entourage....I'm from NYC, and Ive seen my fair share of entourage's, but MJ's entourage is more like a militia.....hell, they could pass as a decent replacement for the Iraqi army.

Gettin to Oakley on the other hand was easy since Jordan comanded so much ****in attention.....I just bought the man a drink since I was a Knicks fan and had fond memories of the 60-win 92-93 and 93-94 teams with him, Mase (A. Mason), Smith, and Ewing commanding the paint. That team was down right nasty...

BTW, the story with ESG, I ran into this mutha afta the damn party in the parking garage behind ROXY/Yorktown Plaza. Some of us were told to park on the second level so we could wisk in and out quickly. Cops guarded the side outlets to make sure any ole person couldnt get in, though they did it half-assed as usual. On my way back to my ride, I see ESG posted up in the ride next to me, an egg-shell white Caddy....looked like a late 90's El Dorado or somethin. BET's interviewin him for a "All Access" show or DVD. (They told us DVD that comes out in April, doesn’t make sense, who's gonna buy that).

Well, since a gal-pal of mine knows the southern rap scene better then me and she spotted him first she goes up to him and asks "ARE U ESG".

He responds, "I'm just a local guy."

Me and my NY nature feels compelled to provide a comeback.....while BET'S still rollin I snap. "Local guy my ass, your ****in ESG."

G looks straight surprised like he's just been picked out of a lineup or something. ESG responds, "Yep I be ESG, I though you were from out of town with that accent."

I respond, "Yep I'm from NYC"

G's really puzzled now....he actually scratches his head in bewilderment. He responds, "how you know me then?"

I look down and point to his black and diamond-laden shirt which spells out three letters..........E-S-G. :D

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Tigereye, MJ was definitely at Roxy, someone else I know saw him there.

8. rfw2

rfw2 Member

yep MJ was there. Saw him in VIP chatting it up with Vince Young

9. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

i'd rather see stephen hawking roll in with his suped up wheelchair. :D

i'm kidding. it's some awesome experience you got though. but roxy?

10. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

naw man. that chamillionaire party was on thursday. i was at the roxy on wedenesday night.