1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hollis Price: Cuttino's backup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baqui99, May 24, 2003.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

With all the Europeans coming out this year, Hollis will most likely not get drafted next month. However, I think he'd be a valuable 12th man to have on our team. The guy works damn hard, just doesn't have the ball handling skills to man the point in the NBA. I know he'd be thrilled to play in Houston, since it's close to his hometown of New Orleans.

I've been watching this midget beat up on the Horns for the last few years. He's a pure scorer, who has a deadly outside shot. Although he's only average at taking guys off the dribble, he can create and make his own shot. He has been 1st Team All-Big 12 the last two years. And with Tito Maddox likely gone, the spot would belong to him. The guy's been clutch at Oklahoma. Let's give him a chance to make the team as an undrafted free agent.

There's a few other college standouts who will likely go undrafted that can help this team out:

Jason Kapono - UCLA, 6'8 SF
    Jason Gardner - Arizona, 6'1 PG
    Dahntay Jones - Duke, 6'5 SG
    Keith Bogans - Kentucky, 6'5 SG
    Brett Nelson - Florida, 6'3 PG
    Marcus Hatten - St. John's, 6'2 PG

[​IMG]

2. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

You'd never guess that I like this idea would you? Hollis is a stand up kid, tought enough to take criticism and work on his game. He's also fairly smart. I doubt he'd be 12th man with the likes of hawkins, norris and maddox on this team..