1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger]To Reach the Next Level, the Rockets Need McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madmonkey37, Jan 14, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Won't be the first time......nor the last.

;)

DD

2. ibm

ibm Member

hollinger has a point. but what if we can't get a healthy and motivated mcgrady back? then what?

3. durvasa

durvasa Member

Then you look at your options in the offseason, or before the trade deadline next season. You'll probably get a better deal then, anyways. For now, the smart thing to do is hope and pray that he lives up to his promises.

4. ibm

ibm Member

i know many hold this same thought. but something tells me "hope and pray" often leads to something disastrous.

and why mcgrady's trade value would be any a lot different next year than right now?

5. durvasa

durvasa Member

The Rockets will have more flexibility in the types of trades they can pursue in the offseason, for one thing. And teams will be less willing to commit to McGrady with 1 1/2 seasons left on his contract than if he only had 1 season or 1/2 a season left.

I can't think of any T-Mac trade the Rockets can pull off this year that will help us in the short term, and we'd probably just saddle ourselves with a bad contract or two.

6. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I agree we should wait for next year ONLY IF

TMac is not having negative impacts on his teammates.