1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger]To Reach the Next Level, the Rockets Need McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madmonkey37, Jan 14, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Artest, don't you think he makes a difference last night?

DD

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To be fair I trust McGrady more than Yao or Artest with a playoff team despite his failures.

That being said, he needs to get back in shape. When he does, the Rockets will need him, if he doesn't, then well we all know where this is going.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

To imply that Jordan and Olajuwon went through anywhere near the same level of playoff futility as McGrady is just dishonest and shameful.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

That's the whole reason why I am so mad at TMac.

Just take KG for example, when he finally got some helps, he got extremely excited, he worked even harder, he became the MVP the first time and the DPY the second time.

What is TMac doing when he finally has Artest and Yao and a deep team?

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Whining about needing more touches.

DD

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

this is why i'm sure the team will not trade tracy. hollinger is right. that last play exemplifies why tracy is SO important to this team. he may not get a shot off himself, but he'll find someone who can have at least a good look.

and notice how nobody has talked about what artest can do when he comes back :eek: (so i'm really excited when both him and tracy return).

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . . ya'll are so NEED

the main problem to me is this
    TMAC *THINKS* WE NEED HIM TO WIN SO HE ACTING LIKE A WHINEY B****

When you let someone think they have that much control
    they will use it
    T-Mac has been using it his whole career . . . to slack!
    giving you just enough to keep the carrot in front of you to support him
    in the HOPES that he bless you with his best . . which would me a championship
    well
    I'm off the wheel . . but running in it no mo'!!

I'd rather a player that is 80% of TMAC at his best. . and that player giving me 100%
    than TMAC giving me 50% of his best . .and only when he wants too . .maybe . .sometimes. . .if it is not too much of a bother

Rocket River

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Tmac1,

A healthy and motivated Tmac would be great, but can you honestly trust that you will get him this way?

DD

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

it's not a knee injury. it's the lack of proper rehabbing to instill the necessary strength in that knee.

b/c of that, tracy will use this time off to go back to his offseason rehab program and rehab his knee (and body) and probably some mental psyche too regarding this.

hopefully he'll take as much time needed. hell, until the all-star break. we're still pretty good without him.

yao only played 32 minutes last night and we hung with the lakers pretty good.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yes, I can. I belive he is motivated now.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

seriously DD, tracy admitted he is hearing people calling him washed up and over. and if you read the chron article, though he finds it funny, he also finds it HUMILIATING.

tracy didn't get to be this superstar player without having "some" pride. so though he may whine and lazy... b/c he depended a lot on his talent, but not once ever in the past few years (despite his injuries), that own rocket fans and people around the L call him "washed up."

we've seen glimpses this year when he "feels good" and we saw how good he can be still. so it's all about tracy "feeling good."

tracy admitted he knows how good he still is. well we'll see how good he still is. real soon. personally, only a handful of players can do what he does EVEN AT THIS AGE WITH HIS BODY.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Man, do I hope your are right.

DD

13. mich

mich Member

No. We don't necessary need Tracy. Here is why:

(1) Fans like me would rather watching a lose game like last night than a game with Tracy. With him, the whole team is waiting his shooting. The ball some times gets in, then we win, but most of times, we loose without spirit.

(2) 20M is not just gone by itself, we can trade him to get some thing back for good. Like last night's game, if we have a player a litter better than Rafer to make some FTs, we would win the game.

Overall, Tracy is no longer fun to watch any more.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You know, I am prettu sre I am right. TMac likes to make something out of nothing, he likes crying.

But he is a competitor. He knows he still can be great, he knows what he is capable of. And at the same time he understands it is great time for him to win something, WCF at least.

He will be back, he wants to prove everybody wrong.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You are always sure you are right.....you aren't fooling me...Captain Poland.

:D

DD

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Equally injury - riddled Lakers??? Yeah Sasha and Farmar are clearly just as valuable to the lakers as Tmac and Artest is to the rockets, give the Lakers props..wow they really did a great job to pull off a 5 point win with those two STAR players out of their line up....seriously...

17. emjohn

emjohn Member

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I hope you are bearing in mind that we've seen, several times this season, these same sentiments made and a half-hearted McGrady showing follow them up.

I do agree that it is still within McGrady to go out and be a very special playmaker and difference maker.

But it is also awfully difficult to believe there aren't hard feelings, public or private, within the locker room at this point.

Evan

18. real_egal

real_egal Member

Well, to be accurate, the Rockets need that 22 million on the court. It really doesn't have to be McGrady. With the way Tracy has been playing, Rockets only needed a 10 million solid guy last night in his place.

I like TMac since his Toronto years when I lived there, and I liked him better than VC for he played better defense. But honestly, who are we kidding, the TMac in the past months could get us to the NEXT level? In which direction?

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I don't think Ron is dependable enough offensively to take the Rockets out of the first round without Tmac. He can shoot the 3's but his slashing game is horrendous. You can't honestly believe with the addition of Wafer the offense will become anywhere near Tmac's level healthy level. Wafer doesn't really have handles and I don't think he will be able to create for himself when defenses begin to learn his tendencies and clamp down on him.

20. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I like TMac but we simply cant depend on the guy so lets just move on without him for the time being. Erase all the Tmac threads.

Then in 2 weeks you can talk all you want about him.