1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holic wins, Rockets sign Anthony Bennet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 12, 2019.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Guy has so much natural talent and skill.

Shows how bad his attitude/motor was/is that he couldn’t atleast stick in the league.

Theirs not many ppl his size that can do what he does and do effortlessly.

As a rockets fan hopefully he’s matured and wants to be a real player. He’s the one position we really need depth at and he checks all the boxes from a skill perspective.

rockets1995, lilbird20, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

So does that mean that the rest of the NBA doesn’t study basketball? No other team has signed him despite the opportunity. I’ll give you credit if you’re right about him, but predicting he will be a star again is quite generous and quite different than being in the “primary rotation of a contender.”

javal_lon, topfive and D-rock like this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He’s got tremendous natural talent and athleticism.

And if I’m being honest he’s landed in the perfect spot playing off harden and Russ in this MDA offense we’re he can pick and pop or pick and dive.

Plus he’s an above avg passer so he can hit the corners or lob off the roll just like DMO did his one break out year before he got hurt.

While much different players I can see his role being exactly what Dmos was that year Dwight was hurt for half the season and dmo really flourished playing pick and roll with harden.

Plus he has potential on defense in the switch scheme.

rockets1995, lilbird20 and BigShasta like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please lord let BallHol be right this time! :p

6. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

7. basketballholic

The vast majority of guys in the primary rotation of contenders are stars. Not superstars. But stars. Iggy for instance. Star. Many others. Bennett can be just as good as guys like that.

No it doesn't mean the rest of the NBA doesn't study basketball But there are some that aren't real good at it. And theyre are many teams that don't have opportunity because they've already got guys under contract.

8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Too late... summer league already done

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would have preferred Yabusele who is more similar to Draymond IMO.

Bennett is cheaper and upside is more so why not. Not going to make me forget Bruno or Covington however.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hope he's lost weight and putting effort on switch D.

11. basketballholic

You hit all the keys and the reasons why i kept touting him. He has the ability to set the pick, read the defense live, and then pop for the 3 or dive for the finish. That's a huge key for this team going forward. We need bugs than can do both. And he can handle and dish or finish. And he does have great hands. All pluses for us.

12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Well, it's the old box scores from the G League that are convincing me that there may be something to the idea he's reborn as an NBA player. How does his G League performance compare to other established NBA players who had to spend time there? On par with those? Worse? Better?

I mean, 21/8 over 36 minutes sounds good, but Hartenstein was something like their MVP, and we think we know what kind of player he is this year. I'm pulling for Bennett though, and hope he's indeed a diamond in the rough.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If he's like the old Anthony, he's somewhat the opposite. His defense was horrible. His body in these videos looks a lot leaner. I'm hoping that if he can't be the 8-9 that many expected, he can at least be a 5 or 6. That would be a steal.

14. basketballholic

That is what I'll be watching. I know his offense is a plus here. Only question is can he check decently.

rockets1995 and D-rock like this.
  15. basketballholic

I didn't look at his numbers beyond the percentages shooting and to see if his steal turnover rate was in line. I watched his video. Watched him shoot and make plays He's too good for gleague. Too quick with the release for their defenders.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This sums up why Morey is my dude.

jcf, treyk3 and TheRealAllpro like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Barely that.

But has 7'1 wingspan.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Oh ok.. And only Morey and you figured this out?..... You done lost your damn mind!

19. basketballholic

Bennett is better than Yabusele at this time.

RocketsMAN! likes this.
  20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

For the min, which several roster spots were always going to be, you aren't going to get more upside.