1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hold up Nick........

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, May 5, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I left out the rookies for this year.
    Really, as a whole, Quarterback play is at an all time high in terms of capability. The numbers back this up. Hell the league average rating is higher than a lot of hall of famers career rating right now.

raining threes likes this.
  2. ballgame

ballgame Member

I referenced QBs that were drafted in the past 5 yrs. Out of 68 only 20% or less are viable, which I think is very poor! The basis of my argument is that before Caserio considers trading DeShaun he needs to consider all aspects of finding a replacement and in doing so, the possibilities are VERY SLIM.

Also, Rogers was drafted before 2016, so this does not pertain to him.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What is your criteria for viable?
    You can’t pick some random criteria and throw it out there.

Not to mention you originally said top 3 QB, then when someone responded you said top 3 young QB. The league in general has never seen quarterback play like there is now. It’s literally 18 deep with a passer rating over 90

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Yep. Would have rather reached and grabbed Nico Collins with the third pick instead of using it on a project QB and then giving up a pick to grab Collins. Otherwise, seemed like a decent draft.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  6. ballgame

ballgame Member

Viable would mean someone who's at least average. If you look at all of the QBs who were drafted sonce 2015, less than 10 are staters!

I agree, QB play is better but finding that QB is the hard part and giving up on someone like DW4, I think would be foolsih

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s just some arbitrary time frame. How many were first rounders, second rounders and so forth? How many were drafted to be starters and not back ups?
    There are more above average QBs in the league than ever before regardless of where they were drafted.
    You still don’t put talent on a pedestal when it comes to some actions-sexual assault being one of them.