1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

hold thy tongue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Im not sure if you are responding to me or who you are responding to.?

Dont come on this board if you are the "only somebody" with a keyboard here.
    Frankly I dont give a care if you have insider info or not....Im not worried you are going to pull your precious information either......This is a board for fans.....And fans will defend players they liked, enjoyed watching, or had a connection to.

Frankly.......Forget it

2. Possum

Possum Member

Had it been you instead of EG that hit that train it would of been a good start.

3. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

come on now, dont wish ill will on anyone EVER.

4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

oh wow the venom of the board really hurts me to the core...sofine and possum...wow...that aint the cutest family ive ever seen

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Have you posted on many message boards? If there is a nice one, I haven't seen it.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I say Gundy.

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

well.....i'll stand by my statements...juwan sucks and rafer sucks. juwan wont be able to rebound in minny or wehever he'll be traded....and rafer wont be able to shoot wherever he'll be

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"He's a sucky player, he needs to be cut now, trade him for Sheryl Swoopes and cash"
    isnt the same as
    "I cant STAND him, why doesnt he just DIE or something. I wish a train would hit him"

Irrational outbursts are a staple of following sports. It was an ethicial question of care for the common man that was asked, but what about the hating and heckling members of the rival team? Going off the thread question, just cuz its the other team doesnt give people the right to wish harm on them - they should keep their negativity to themselves, or not put negative focus on their own players...People in here can't stand Bruce Bowen or Mark Cuban's face, but I doubt they'd be so callous and cold as to secretly want their lives to end in a fiery death.

9. Ashes

Ashes Member

So if I chose to say, "<insert NBA player> sucks horribly and should never play again!" on the internet, then I wouldn't say that to his face? Why? What will he do? Hit me? I should be so lucky, then guess who gets a nice settlement check. I've gone to an NBA game and shouted an opposing player/team/referee sucks. Of course there is a level of civility that should be maintained on a forum, but when it comes to sports, I can say that Juwan Howard is a bad player and shouldn't be a starter on our team but if the man were to die tomorrow I'd still give condolences. That's not changing opinions of people.

It's called being humane.

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I thought denniscd was Feigen. Wow.

11. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

My penis is a foot long. We know this is true because it's the internet.

You people are monsters, how dare you act like your real selves in a place with no accountability while accounting your inability to be able to not account for your real self in reality which rocks your stability in your ability to perform in reality but instead can only express yourself in annonymity.

Monsters....monsters, I dare say!

denniscd, this is a really weak and sad attempt to justify to yourself that you are better than others. You should have known better it would backfire on you, unless your ability for denial is really strong.

#71 nyquil82, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  12. Panda

Panda Member

Who would've thunk it? That dramatic events bring out the holier than thou drama queens.

13. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

and the stone casters!

14. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Not talking to you. Denniscd.

15. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Eddie Griffin was a poor excuse for a human being and the kind of NBA player that gives NBA players a bad name. I'm sure that deep down he may have had good intentions (that's what everybody wants to believe), but the reality is that (and no pun intended here) people have been burned at the stake for much less dysfunctional behavior than this guy ever engaged in.

16. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

And they're bashing him again now that there's talk that he could be back. It is what it is.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, all those people who joined in 1999 should be respected as heroes themselves.

18. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I think we say disrespectful things about the living because it is always thought that people can redeem themselves, and perhaps change the minds of their critics.

After death there is no redemption.

R.I.P. EG