1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOF Probablility Ranking All-Time and Active Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ImmortalD24, May 7, 2008.

1. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Dirk's MVP award (which wasn't deserved) probably makes him a shoo-in for the HOF

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Not necc. It looks to me they ranked based on total score. Once the score was high enough they just rounded to the 4th decimal as a statistical lock for the HOF (1.000), but looks to me they kept the total ranking in tact. Otherwise it would be very odd Russell, Kareem, Jordan and Wilt just by chance were the 1st 4 listed.

3. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

T-mac is 43.7%

Kobe is 45.3%

it's not as close as you made it seem... one thing you have to take into consideration is 3point attempts..

Kobe= 3192 career 3point attempts
    T-mac= 2896 career 3point attempts
    Jordan= 1778 career 3point attempts
    Iverson= 3259 career 3point attempts

Based on Kobe's 3point attempts and his FG% he's been a very efficient scorer.

4. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

If Kobe and other 3point shooters limited their 3point attempts their FG% would be MUCH HIGHER.

5. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

In the formula, they didn't use "blocks" at all. Maybe that's why Deke is ranked so low.

6. sook

sook Rookie

Haha thats bull****...tracy that low are you kidding me? Hes a back to back scoring champ and has carried a team just about every yr to the playoffs, Tracy should be WAYYY up there who made this list?

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Easy- Joe Dumars

8. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

McGrady shoots .437% from the field as compared to Iverson's .426 - when you talk about volume scorers that's a significant difference.

Not only is McGrady the more efficient scorer, he's a better playmaker (a much higher A/TO ratio than Iverson), a better defender, and he also can get his team to the playoffs with regularity.

Iverson has done absolutely nothing in the playoffs since that one miracle season.

He averages 1 more point than McGrady while shooting much worse than him from the field (40% as compared to 43%). McGrady has a clear advantage in every statistical category (except for steals) when the playoffs are concerned.

Hell, Iverson's best season (his MVP season or the 33/7 season) is overshadowed by 3 of McGrady's prime seasons (arguably 4).

As an individual player there's no question that McGrady was better at his peak. He could do everything Iverson could do better than him, while having clear advantages in every single facet of the game.

9. Precision340

Precision340 Member

AI ahead of Dream?! Are you kidding me.. is this ranking based on points scored alone? I'm not saying AI is not HOF material but c'mon.. he shouldn't be ranked aboved Dream!! As a matter of fact a lot of those guys shouldn't be ahead of Dream.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

11. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

We all know Deke will make it, but not necessarily because of what he did on the court.

12. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

244. Kenny Smith 0.0076

That's all I have to say.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Y'know it's kinda strange with the NBA when it comes to NBA MVP, because most people are usually shoo ins. But when it comes to the NFL and MLB, there are alot of players that I can think of who won MVPs and won't be anywhere near the Hall of Fame.

Ken Stabler won 2 MVPs and I don't think he is close to the HOF.....

14. sook

sook Rookie

Its bullcrap, they base it completely on statistics, every back to back scoring champ is in the hall of fame, tracy will make it trust me

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Another proof that stats don't tell the whole story (that's a jab at a few members here).

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

119. Steve Francis 0.2308

Our PG trouble is over! 119th greatest player of all time.

17. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

GLARING problem with the guy's formula:

It only takes into account NBA stats and accomplishments!

There is NO NBA Hall-of-Fame; there is a BASKETBALL Hall-of-Fame!

College/International accomplishments also are taken into account.

Manu, for instance, with a World Championship, a Gold Medal, MVP's of both AND Euro-League, plus his NBA stuff - is probably more likely than many of the NBA only guys to get in.

18. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Kidd behind KG and all?! WTF.

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I agree Kobe is more efficient than the other two. But that gap from the 3 to Jordan (before his Washington years) is bigger than the differences among these lesser 3. Remember in efficiency you also have to account for foul shots (look to TS% or PPS). IMO Kobe in his prime as player is much more like AI and Tmac and Drexler (the #2 guy in Jordan's era), even if Kobe is most probably the top of this list, than he is Jordan. (One can look at PER too)

And think what it would do to Jerry West's scoring efficiency to have a 3 point line.