1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hit and run

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by davo, Apr 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. davo

davo Member

Yesterday while on the way back to work from lunch, I'm turning right onto the 59 South feeder from Hilcroft. I stop, because there are cars coming down the feeder from the left. The guy behind me does not stop, and slams into the back of my car. I look back at him and he gesticulating, almost like it is my fault, but then he motions for me to pull around the corner into a parking lot. I do this, but just he goes to pull in to the lot, he pulls back out onto the feeder and guns it.

I turn around and get back on the road to chase him, but it was too late - he was gone and I didn't get his tag number.

He was driving an old beat up American made car, dark gray/black.

Man am I pi$$ed.

------------------
    ..as a man danced so the drums were beaten for him.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

That totally sucks. I bet he had no insurance and didn't want to get caught or have to pay for the damage himself.

How much damage was done to your car?

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

3. dc sports

dc sports Member

Did you call the police or go to a police station anyway? If not, you should.

This happened to my mother recently. She reported it to the police immediately, and they did a report. The lady who hit her apparently decided later in the day to file an insurance claim for the damage on her car, and actually went to the police station to file a hit-and-run report on my mother. (I'm not sure how she was going to explain her right front bumper and fender damage).
    Fortunately, it's a relatively small city, and the police officer on duty at the police station recognized the description of the car/incident that she gave, matched up the reports, and issued her a ticket. If my mother hadn't filed the report immediately, this could have been a big problem for her.

FYI -- People often do this if they've been drinking or have some other problem -- by the time they give the report, they are OK.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Many years ago I was stopped by a police officer due to "youthful driver out at 2:00 AM profiling". No ticket was issued (since I was doing nothing wrong), and I was told to clean my rear license plate as it was dirty and that was why I was stopped (funny how the cop would notice that since he was coming towards me and then U-turned to stop me). Anyway, A few blocks away (under the 610 loop by Northwest Mall), I went through a green light. At the same time a Charles Manson lookalike ran the red light at the feeder, plowed into me, totalled my 67 Mustang and caused me to go to the hospital to get stitches. He immediately took off in his car. The cop who stopped me was still behind me so he was able to catch the SOB. He eventually was charged with:

Hit & Run
    DUI
    Running a red light
    Drug possession
    Driving a stolen car

I don't know what ever became of the case. I assume he pleaded (pled?) out since I was never called to a trial.

------------------

5. davo

davo Member

The damage to my car was fairly minimum - you can't even see it from a distance, but it will certainly be more than my deductible.

I haven;t filed the police report yet but I will be doing it today.

------------------
    ..as a man danced so the drums were beaten for him.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

6. ZRB

ZRB Member

Yeah, I started a similar thread. You can read about my experience there. (and some good bashing)
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/003012.html
    ------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited April 05, 2001).]

7. fatty fat fat

fatty fat fat Member

Geez... Ummm, sorry davo, didn't know it was you.

Won't happen again.

(It was your fault, though)

------------------
    "I never did like that "Dr. Stupid""-Monty Burns